Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SIT Rock Bright Stainless

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by McHack, Sep 9, 2004.

1. McHack

McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    Has anyone else here used them? I've got a set on my parts bass, while they've got a great sound,, they're just a bit too zingy for me. The texture feels a little rougher than I'm used to as well... Good overall sound, & feel aside from those two complaints. Getting a tremendous amount of finger transfer, that I'm having to EQ out.

Potentially looking for different ideas... My requirements are: 4-string set, medium gauge (45-105), extra long to allow string thru usage, Stainless is desirable for durability.

2. Broken in Hi-Beams sound pretty smooth due to the smaller wrapwire diameter. Should be available in the lenghts you need.

3. McHack

McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    These Rock Brights are starting to grow on me.. Newly finished bass, w/ unfamiliar strings, makes for a learning curve. Plus, I think these are light-mediums,, instead of mediums... Needs a lighter touch than what I'm used to, on my Lakland.

4. Yeah, the zing and roughness are the virgin sign for strings. It'll go away when you play them, sooner or later. Besides I think it's wise to give strings a little time before changing for another brand. I'm a complete change'o'holic, and I learned the hard way that you have to use the strings a lot and in different situations, to find out how they are for you, and what setup the specific set needs. It's more a question of finding out how you can adapt to the strings (or gear in general) to get the sound you want, than trying to find strings (or gear) that'll fill your needs right away. Equipment is supposed to yield a little resistance and be a little secretive at first... Part of the art.

...hmm, enough rambling. Guess I just thought out loud (if that's a sentence?) :rolleyes: