SIT Rock Brights?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by dave120, Jan 30, 2006.

1. dave120

Jun 27, 2005
    Central Florida
    Hey guys,

I've tried many strings, but usually always come back to my Rotosound, RB45 Nickels which are essentially RS 66's without the silking (cheaper and locally available to me unlike the Nickel RS66's that I have to order online) and I'm wondering what people here think of SIT Rock Brights? I haven't tried them yet I'm trying to figure out how they might compare to my Rotosounds. My sound is somewhat brighter than a lot of people's which is why Rotosound works pretty well for me. I really have no problem with the Rotos other than their life which is somewhat shorter than a lot of other strings I've tried.

Does anyone have experience with how these strings sound, their life expectancy, tension, etc? I like somewhat bright but not TOO bright (as in Rotosound Stainless strings, wow). I tried searching for these strings but SIT comes up with many things which are not a brand name...
  2. BassChuck

Nov 15, 2005
    I got a set once for my 4001. They spent a good 15 minutes on the bass. I thought they felt and sounded cheap. YMMV.