1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SIT Silencers

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by deadhead, Oct 17, 2009.

1. So, I just ordered a pair of these online and should be getting them in a few days. I've played on halfwound D'Addario's for the past year or so and although I really like the sound behind a halfwould, they were really sticky to slide on and didn't last long. Has anyone had any experience with these Silencer's?? I would like to know what to expect. (or even from SIT strings in general)?

I mostly play jazz now but I play quite a bit of blues and rock too, just for the context that the strings will be preforming in.

2. xaxxat

xaxxat Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2008
    I've got a set on a 34" bass and another set that I cut to go on a 30" bass. I like them. They're somewhere in between flats and rounds for feel - not sticky at all - and sound more roundwound to me.

3. do they sound more or less exactly like roundwounds or do they have more of a bottom end like the flats?

4. xaxxat

xaxxat Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2008
    They're brighter than flats. They do have a nice growl to them.

5. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    I use SIT silencers on occasion. They are very smooth to the touch and they are not as bright sounding as rounds but they are a little more livelier sounding than flats. And depending on your body chemistry they do last a while.

I'm an SIT strings endorser.