Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SIT strings

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by rolnaldo33, Jan 5, 2005.

1. rolnaldo33

rolnaldo33

Mar 24, 2004
    i just bought an 8 string and inquired on an earlier thread about what type of strings to use. someone suggested SIT strings, i found em, but does anyone have any experience with them? are tehy a good string, do they sound good, do they last long? i'd apreciate any input, thanks

2. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    They are all I play now... I use the powerflats and SS Rockbrites. I played their nickelwounds as well and they were very nice. The SS's last longer than anything else I've played and they are very musical sounding, IMO.

There's a whole sub-forum for strings, BTW. I'm sure a mod will be moving this shortly... A search there might reveal more. ;)

3. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    Murfreesboro, TN (Nashville)
    Dealer LowEndBassShop.com, Builder LowEndBasses.com
    SIT Rocks and the guys at SIT aren't bad either.

SIT's are all we use on our Benavente's and LEJ's!

4. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    Reverend specifies SIT on their stuff, and I like 'em...

5. Bases on Brian Barrett's recommendation I switched to SIT and I like them a lot.

6. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    Where are you guys buying them?

7. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    Murfreesboro, TN (Nashville)
    Dealer LowEndBassShop.com, Builder LowEndBasses.com

:D

8. You should contact Brian Barrett, he'll be able to push you in the appropriate direction :)

9. LoJoe

LoJoe

Sep 5, 2002
    Concord, NC USA.
    They come standard issue on American made G&L's. I tried a few other brands on my L-2500, but came back to SIT's. They have a nice sound and last a long time. I get them at Just Strings

I see that they do have 8 string sets.

10. They're all I use now. They are great. A little brighter and not as sticky as GHS Pressurewounds... If you get a chance to try them you'll like them... :D