Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SIT strings.

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Woodchuck, Jul 22, 2002.

1. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Does anyone here have a history with these strings? I was offered a full endorsement with them, and the few times I've played them, they were cool, but they're hard to get down here. I'm thinking of just trying them for a couple of months before fully committing. Any ideas?

2. Rod B.

Rod B.

Jun 11, 2002
    Montana
    They came on my G&L JB-2 fretless. I'm pretty impressed. I tried their guitar strings years ago and was less than impressed.

They have a smooth top end and have good tone overall IMHO. I have no clue how long they were on prior or how much play. I've only had the bass since Thursday, but so far I like 'em. They're worth giving a shot anyway.

3. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Thanks.

4. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    Hey Woodchuck the strings are good and worth a serious looking into.there was a NAMM show a couple of years ago and just about every Bass I checked out had a set of strings on them that were flexable and had a nice clear punch.come to find out they were SITs.
    I would say go for it they
    are worth having a full
    endorsement with.and the
    guys are the koolest to
    work with.
    p.s.
    Eddie who happens to be the
    owner mentioned to me
    that they offered you the
    full endorsement.its on you
    bro.

5. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Thanks bro! Eddie is a cool guy, and he's very knowledgeable. Besides, there are few people on this site who's opinions that I truly value, and you're one of them. Thanks for the input.
    Now, about those lessons.........:D

6. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Man Woodchuck you could of asked me at the show,Like I've said before I have no problem.

7. I was also very impressed with the SIT Powerwounds that came standard on my Reverend. Nice strings. I'll be comparing them to the DR Sunbeams I have on the Reverend now. In other words, I have it narrowed down to DR and SIT, and the real issue is how long the SITs last compared to the DRs. For those who want to know, www.juststrings.com has great prices on SITs.:)

8. Deano Destructo

Deano Destructo Music Man/Upton addict. Hasn't slept since 1979. Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2000
    Austin, TX
    If it helps in the durability department woodchuck, Max cavalera of the bands Sepultura and Soulfly endorces them, so I would think they'd handle a beating. I've never tried them but if they'll compare with DR's I might have to. I think I'd take the endorsment regardless just because from what I understand those are the toughest endorsments to come by, are they not?

9. To add to my post above, I'd definitely take the endorsement (so send 'em my way will ya?).;)

10. gweimer

gweimer

Apr 6, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    I tried a set of the Power Flats on my G&L. Very nice sounding strings, but they go dead with little warning after about 6 months. Not really a bad thing, though. I tried them after I saw that Jack Bruce uses them. I still have a set of the Power Rounds for the Dano to try. If you're getting the full endorsement, and you like the people, then there's really no reason to hesitate. I say go for it.

11. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    I have used a few set's on my Jazz bass that I got off the net.
    I would buy them again, They have a nice feel good tone and last just as long as other brands.
    I would do the endorsment, but that's me I'll take anything for free:D

12. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    :D

13. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    I've been using the 5 string sets with the tapered E and B strings for about a year now and don't plan on changing brands. $21 at juststrings.com is hard to beat. Hey Jack bruce uses them so they gotta be good. :D

14. I may have to give those a try on my 5. Does the taper make the sound of the B and E more focused?

15. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    I think so, but what the heck do I know. I have to have the tapered ends to fit my warwick bridge, so I'm kinda stuck using them whether I like them or not. good thing I like them huh? The low B is a 125. For some reson I like the lighter B string. I think it comes closer to the timbre (growl) of the E string than other (thicker) B strings I've played. I know this goes against conventional wisdom but....

16. I may give them a try, but I'll see how the Powerwounds treat me. So far I like the 125 B.

17. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    My question about these strings... will they fit a 35' scale bass?

18. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.

Yes.

19. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    thanks again Jauqo.. you seem to be solving my problems lately.. i appreciate it :D...

I'll order a few packs of strings before I run off to work right now

20. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    I just put on the SIT strings that came in today.. all I have to say is... Endorse these strings..

Wow They are fabulous.. Such a great sound.. Bright like new strings.. but not too bright.. I hate the way really new bright strings sound, but these sound amazing... I have been looking for good strings for a long long time.. I know these will be what I go with now..