Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SIT Strings.

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Woodchuck, Sep 17, 2002.

1. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Well it's been a month since SIT has given me a FULL endorsement deal, and I've gotta say, these guys are amazingly supportive. They even sent my guitarists strings. They love 'em! I feel a little guilty about getting free stuff sometimes. They are truly great strings! Tim and Eddie are cool guys, and they truly like our music, too. The Power Rounds are the TRUTH!

2. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    yeah they are.. I finally put SIT strings on my bass about a month ago.. They sound excellent.. i've been looking for the right strings for so long.. now I've found them.. and I'm happy :D

3. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    How is the tension on SIT strings?

4. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Tension? it's alright, the ones i slapped on today were a little on the floppy side, but only becuase i tryed running them thru body, and they did not quite get it. But in the past, they have seemed pretty tight, not as tight as some others, geez,,, whats those ones with the girl on the front with the airplane? those were pretty tight. and they were 3 years old. But SIT's are my new love, i was an erine ball man.

5. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    Would you say they are tighter than GHS bass boomers?

6. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    I would say so.,,, yeah, sure, but my question is,, WHY ON EARTH DO YOU USE BOOMERS IN THE FIRST PLACE?

7. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    I don't but everybody has played 'em. :D They seem okay to me. Nothing special, but they weren't as bad as the d'addario prisms i had.

8. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Then get some SIT'S. they kick the pants off boomers or prizm's IMHO