Site to buy Fender Jaguar or Mustang guitar copies??

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by ninthwondernj, Oct 26, 2005.

1. ive been to a guitar site calld and they sell Strat and Les Paul copies, but does anyone know where or even if theres a place that makes Jaguar or Mustang copies
  2. well, squier has the jagmaster guitar which is like mixing a jaguar with a jazzmaster...i have one and its pretty cool...
  3. joninjapan

Aug 13, 2003
    Tokyo, Japan
    If you really want one Fender Japan makes them, and they are great guitars....

you'd have to order from Japan, quite a few people here have dealt with Ishibashi a search on this site you should find what you need...

pics at Ishibashi (in japanese)
  4. I owned a Jaguar, and hated it. Mine was a Fender Japan, and the construction was excellent; the best fender construction I have seen. Its a shame that fender haven't updated the design of these guitars though because although they look great, they are blighted by design flaws.

I found the neck pickup on the jag was the only viable selection for a decent tone - the bridge pickup solo is like running your nails down a blackboard. The bridge itself buzzes like crazy and the strings jump out all the time due to the silly design, and to top it off the tremelo unit goes out of tune if you use it for anything other than very gentle modulation (Its a 60's design after all). I had to fit a mustang bridge to the Jag to prevent the strings jumping out every time I strummed with any force. A definate case of try before you buy!