Sites That Instruct Singing

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by LimpChunk9, Apr 5, 2002.

1. LimpChunk9

May 8, 2001
    Bronx, NY
    Does anybody know of any websites that give singing lessons and such? I'm not talking about signing and playing at the same time. Just singing. Thanks.
  2. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

I just did a search using the words "singing lessons," but almost all the sites were for classes or tapes or videos that were sold on the sites.

Let me say this, I have had singing classes in a group setting at a music school. I also have a book on singing...'The Rock and Roll Singer's Survival Manual."

While that manual has much useful advice, there is nothing like a class with a real live singing teacher primarily because a book will not give you feedback on your singing. You don't really know how you sound or how to push your voice for more volume, greater range, more expression or better control.

Even if you record yourself singing, you are not always the best judge of how you sound. A professional teacher can hear faults and strengths right away.

There is nothing like feedback from a pro to help you improve. Unless you have amazing natural talent, you will have parts of your singing that need some improvement. Some faulty singing habits can even ruin your voice! (Speaking of natural talent, there was a ten year old girl in my class who DID have such talent. I envied her so much.)

Even if you can afford only a class or two with a voice coach, save your money and take a class. You will not regret it.