SITSOM - what level is this book?

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by sync00, Jan 21, 2006.

1. sync00

Nov 23, 2005
    I was looking through Standing in the Shadows of Motown the other day. I'm a beginner and the book looked too advanced for me. Are there any songs in there that a beginner could learn?
  2. NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    Yes there are. IMHO, you should get that book no matter what, it does come with CD's so you can listen to people play similar to the transcriptions....

3. The songs range from beginner to advanced.

It is a great book. If you aren't able to play some of the more advanced tracks, you will be motivated to improve because there is some great bass in there.
  4. BassChuck

Nov 15, 2005
    Don't worry about 'level'... just play the things that you like the sound of. I assume you are looking at this book because you know the songs and have an interest in playing them. Great, do it. So what if you don't get it at first, keep after it, listen to the CD's and you'll get it.

If the matterial is so far away from your technique and understanding... thats good too. Find a teacher and ask some questions.

You will never be hurt by trying something that is too difficult. Well, at least not in music. Rock climbing, skydiving and varsity level fights to the death might be exceptions.