1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Six string Cirrus owners what strings are you using?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Fletch, Mar 1, 2008.

1. For the most part I've used Cirrus strings on mine but I'm looking for something new. I tried DR Longnecks once and didn't like them that much. I am a fan of most DR's on my 4's though. So like the title says what are you using?

2. I don't have a Cirrus 6 (yet?), but I've been happy with Ernie Ball/SIT strings nickelwound strings. They sound the same to my ears. I string 'em 130, 105, 85, 65, and 40. Not sure what I'd do if I had a high C.

3. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    My Cirrus 6 (mahogany/wenge) still has the strings that were on it when I bought it, which I think are EB Slinkys (never been a fan), but I think I'll be making a change in the coming months. I've always stuck with DRs on most everything else, and think I'll give the Hi-Beams a shot on this bass. It's pretty warm sounding with that wood combo, so I think the Hi-Beams will give it a little more bite and snap.

4. Do SIT's come in 35" scale? Seems like the price is right on those, not that I'm necessarily looking for cheap strings but if they're good and also cheap that would be great.

5. The Power Wounds should work. I buy them by the individual gauges since I basically want a regular set with a .040 G. I actually started getting them because Ernie Ball strings weren't quite long enough when I purchased a Cirrus with a Kahlher, which required about 1/8" extra winding. Kinda nice that they make 'em long standard! They also make Super Longs, but they're not needed in the Cirrus department.