1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Six string tuning - what do you like

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by SanDiegoHarry, Sep 30, 2008.

1. SanDiegoHarry

SanDiegoHarry Banned Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    I'm thinking of the high string - Most folks seem to like C, but I can see tuning thier G string to F# and the top string to B (like a baritone guitar)...

any thoughts?

2. distrot

distrot

Mar 26, 2007
    mine is dadgbe like a detuned guitar

3. ilovethesechord

ilovethesechord

Jun 27, 2008
    :)i have no idea. It's kind of different every day.

4. slaerts

slaerts

Aug 3, 2006
    I'm standard BEADGC. I keeps everything evenly spaced especially if I do some 1st, 5th, Octave, third arpegios, I don't have to think about it.
    Even though I do play a bit of guitar it doesn't seem to confuse me going from one to the other.

5. Dirk Diggler

Dirk Diggler Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Anytown USA
    Yep always happy with BEADGC. I even tune my piccolo like that except an octave up.
    Dirk

6. Mines a short scale (30") so I stick with EADGBE, so I get all the traditional bass range plus two higher, which opens up a lot of tonal possibilities (clear sounding chords, melolodic lines on higher strings while lower strings are pumping out low end, baritone guitar lines, etc.)