1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

six string Tunomatic bridge with RMC piezos

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by tremblap, Oct 8, 2010.

1. tremblap

tremblap

Aug 6, 2007
    Huddersfield
  2. tremblap

tremblap

Aug 6, 2007
    Huddersfield
    updated with new pictures

3. bassbenj

bassbenj

Aug 11, 2009
    Hey Tremblap, A 6 string tunomatic-style bridge does exist. There's one on my Alembic fretless 6 string! Not Peizo though. That is Cool!

Judging from mine, yours needs a bit of modification. Yours has the shape of a guitar tunomatic. A bass one needs to be deeper. Even if you mount it at an angle to deal with some of the intonation differences, bass strings have way more variation of intonation positions from brand to brand or gauge to gauge than guitars. I'd make it twice as deep as it currently is. (twice the adjustment range).

Quite frankly I've never quite made up my mind if I really like my Alembic bridge system or not. But it's by far better than the usual wooden non-adjustable ones that come on most acoustic basses.

4. tremblap

tremblap

Aug 6, 2007
    Huddersfield
    hey thanks for this

We have made some mod on the depth of adjustment (when Pierre saw the 3d printing) but thanks for the headsup. We also have this cunning plan where the wagons will pass through their groove, so we can change the bridge without unsoldering...

I'm going to put the pictures of both 3d printings on the basschat thread soon. (and the bass when finished)

thanks again

p

5. tremblap

tremblap

Aug 6, 2007
    Huddersfield
    forgot to say why I wanted piezo: RMC does magic is the answer!

6. tremblap

tremblap

Aug 6, 2007
    Huddersfield
    and now pictures of the wood...

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 5, 2021