Sixty eight trips around the sun

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by slobake, Jul 27, 2020.

1. slobake

slobake resident ... something Supporting Member

Yup, today marks my 68th trip around the sun. Never thought I would make it this long, very grateful to have come this far. Many of the folks I used to run with are no longer here. Our lifestyles were dangerous and toxic. Some are dead, some are incarcerated and others have just disappeered. A few are still around.
    Now that I am here it is nothing like I imagined when I was younger. I can remember turning 30-years-old and being depressed. Today is not like that at all. Yup, I am not a physically strong as I used to be but I am still pedaling my bike around San Francisco.
    Much stronger emotionally and spiritually now, peace and joy are a much bigger part of my life than they every have been. Sure, I have tough moments and still totally blow it sometimes. Mrs. slo and I still fight sometimes but we are still learning about each other after all these years. Wisdom? I guess that is relative to where I have been in my life before. You might say I almost have a clue now. :rolleyes: Not deprecating myself I think it is a good thing to realize how little I do know and how much I still get to learn. Maybe that is the BEGINNING of wisdom.
    I feel self confident enough to let others know it is my birthday instead of expecting others to magically know.
    Had the family over yesterday and grilled burgers. We played Quiddler, Yahtzee and Catchphrase. Mrs slo gave me a birthday card with a bulldog on it so my day is complete. Going for a hike in the woods and my amazing wife is taking me out for a burrito. YEAH!
    Life is not perfect, but I am not blinded to how good it is.
    Wondering what I can give others today. I think hobbits had the right idea.

2. kesslari

kesslari Groovin' with the Fusion Cats Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Santa Cruz Mtns, California
    Lark in the Morning Instructional Videos; Audix Microphones
    Hey my friend, wishing you many more joyous circles 'round the sun. Celebrate.

JRA and slobake like this.
  3. Low8

Low8 Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2014
    Sounds like you've got a great day in store... enjoy it!

Congrats on 68!

slobake likes this.
  4. StyleOverShow

StyleOverShow Still Playing After All These Years Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2008
    Eugene
    HB Big Boi. Peace, love and happiness to you today and everyday that follows

5. Congratulations on making it this far. I am a couple of orbits behind you, but the way the years are passing I might catch up to you. Happy Birthday and may you have many more.

6. Oddly

Oddly

Jan 17, 2014
    Dublin, Ireland.
    Best wishes, Mister Slo!

7. Happy B-Day Slo. I am right behind you.

slobake and JRA like this.
  8. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Supporting Member

0000.jpg
    thanks for sharing your wisdom! ;)

happy birthday! :thumbsup:

slobake likes this.
  9. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    Fixed that for you.

I'm sorry

Happy birthday.

slobake likes this.
  10. slobake

slobake resident ... something Supporting Member

:D:D:D Thanks Gorn, I was waiting for this. No need to apologize, your ribbing about my age alway makes me grin. Now my day is complete

S-Bigbottom and Gorn like this.
  11. fhm555

fhm555 So FOS my eyes are brown Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2011
    Many happy returns my friend. Sounds like life is better than good for you and yours. Here’s hoping that trend continues

slobake likes this.
  12. HAPPY birthday!

Time to start liking Tuna Noodle Casserole!

slobake and S-Bigbottom like this.
  13. TOOL460002

TOOL460002

Nov 4, 2004
    Santa Cruz
    Congrats! Also, my inner child requires you to make a similar post next year.

slobake likes this.
  14. buldog5151bass

buldog5151bass Kibble, milkbones, and P Basses. And redheads.

Oct 22, 2003
    Connecticut
    Hope you are unwrapping something/someone nice tonight to celebrate.

sleddogn, slobake, garp and 1 other person like this.
  15. garp

garp

Feb 7, 2009
    Connecticut USA
    I really like that vibe.

But whatever you do today, don't forget to request your free pack of chewing gum!

orbitcomm.jpg

slobake likes this.
  16. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Awesome post. Having turned 49 last week, I'm getting a little more philosophical myself. (I still have much to learn to get to your level.) But I'm in a much more peaceful place than I was at thirty as well. I wouldn't turn back for anything if I had to give up what I've learned since 30.

I hope the rest of your day is great. And I appreciate your contributions to our little weird cyber society.

slobake likes this.
  17. FilterFunk

FilterFunk Everything is on the ONE! Supporting Member

Mar 31, 2010
    Have a great one, my friend!:thumbsup: I won't even ruin your special day by mentioning tuna noodle casserole...

Oops...:oops:

:smug::p:)

slobake and S-Bigbottom like this.
  18. bolophonic

bolophonic

Dec 10, 2009
    Durham, NC
    Happy birthday to you, sir.

slobake likes this.
  19. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2001
    Spencerport, New York
    Happy Birthday.

slobake likes this.
  20. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 13, 2021