Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

size?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by m98person, Nov 11, 2003.

1. m98person

m98person

Nov 10, 2003
    hey
    im new to the bass...and the bass i bought had nylon strings on it i think...
    i want to get some ghs boomers... but dont know what size to get...

how do i know what size i should get??? its a cort electric bass

thanks

2. Mesure the distance from the nut to the bridge (where the strings touch the bass a the top of the neck and the bottom of the bass)
    This is the scale of the bass, a standard bass is around 34 inches. if the mesurment is significantly shorter you will need short scale strings, longer...

Next think about how tight you want the strings to be. If you want the strings to be realy bendable and kind of loose feeling get a light gauge set of strings.

If you want them to be tight get a heavier set.

you will probalby want a set of standard scale medium-light(45-100) or medium(45-105) gauge strings

3. 43apples

43apples Guest

Nov 9, 2003
    I've fallen in love with Rotosounds Billy Sheehan set....it is gauged 43 • 65 • 80 • 110... that would say that its high G is rigth between a ligth and a medium set, a standard A and a really fat E.

Just what i needed ;). I just buy an extra low B when i use them with my 5-er.

-Erlend