Ska songs....Good ones to learn

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by PwX-Steve, Aug 20, 2001.

1. hey guys i really want to start learning Ska i know about 1 riff and thats it. i dont know to many ska songs or bands, so im hoping use can point me in the right directions.

thanks guys

2. as for "real ska" i dunno try "ska sucks" by Propagandhi or anything from The Specials or The Slackers

but for ska/punk try these bands:
    Operation Ivy
    Mustard Plug
    the Clash
    Less Than Jake
  3. ska sucks was the first ska song i happend to learn hehehehe. and last night i got un lazy and learnt liquire store by less than jake. i think it might be time to kick the downloads in the guts and get sum ska happening on my mp3 list

4. FalsehoodBass

Jul 22, 2001
    Denver, CO
    the bassist for the dancehall crashers has some awesome lines... mostly major stuff
    the guy in Reel Big Fish has some rad ska lines too... turn the radio off was their best CD IMO.. he does mostly pentatonics... fun stuff to play along with..
  5. Five Iron Frenzy's "oh, Canada" is a pretty fun song.
  6. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000

all of their songs...
  7. melvin

Apr 28, 2001
    Buck-O-Nine "My Town" is cool, and The Aquabats "Super Rad" is good too. And you can never go wrong with Catch 22.
  8. TheInsultinator

Jul 22, 2001
    If you really want to learn Ska, you should try some music from Save Ferris' second album- "It means everything". If you wouldn't mind learning a Ska/Punk mix, then try The Dance Hall Crashers, Mikey always has some cool riffs. Some other really cool Ska/Punk bands are Mustard Plug, Reel Big Fish, Less Than Jake, and The Mad Caddies.