1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Skalkottas Bass Concerto

Discussion in 'Music [DB]' started by simandlesque, Dec 27, 2011.

1. Hey all,

Does anyone know where I can get the bass and piano parts for the Skalkottas?

The only parts I've been able to find are through Margun (sheetmusicplus) and Schirmer. Margun isn't selling it anymore, and Schirmer only hires it out, orchestra parts and all.

I'm not above a bootleg copy of the piece if I can't purchase it; I just want to learn the thing.

Thanks,

RJ

2. neilG

neilG

Jun 15, 2003
    Ventura, CA
  3. That's what I thought, but when I ordered it from them last year, it took 3 months just for them to tell me my order couldn't be filled.

I suppose I'll try again...

*actually, it is completely unavailable for purchase; I remember seeing that before I posted this thread.

4. neilG

neilG

Jun 15, 2003
    Ventura, CA
    Too bad. Can you get a library copy?

5. BostonPop01

BostonPop01

Jan 1, 2009
    It looks like Vassilis Papavassiliou recorded it..maybe get in contact with him? Keep us updated as to whether you're able to obtain the piece...it's definitely something I'd be interested in!

6. crl0078

crl0078

Feb 13, 2011
    bump! I actually just ordered this from the website above. I will update you guys on when if ever it arrives! =)

7. MusikFind1

MusikFind1

Mar 12, 2012
    SKALKOTTAS, Nikos (1904-1949)
    Concerto for Doublebass and Orchestra (1940)
    Publisher Margun Music
    Category Soloist and Orchestra
    Year Composed 1940
    Duration 20 Minutes
    Solo Instrument Double bass
    Orchestration 3 3[1.2.EH] 3[1.2.Bc] 3[1.2.Cb] — 5[2 listed as Bass Horn] 3 3[1.2.btb] 1 — tmp — 5perc —1hp—str
    Rental Agent: AMP/ Schirmer, Chester NY.

http://www.musicsalesclassical.com/rental

Score available on Demand - scan at <http://issuu.com/scoresondemand/docs/doublebass_concerto_33194/7?e=8906278/4645625>

No materials listed in the Schirmer/Music Sales catalog for sale.

8. neilG

neilG

Jun 15, 2003
    Ventura, CA
    Another reason why these pieces don't get played. Rental music of this sort is just stupid.