1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Skaters - show us your decks

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by crispygoat, Jun 25, 2007.

1. crispygoat

crispygoat Guest

Aug 22, 2006
    London, Ontario
    :hyper:

--

snapped mine a few weeks back.. so I got nothing to show... I'll buy one as soon as the UW website is back!

2. labgnat

labgnat Inactive

Oct 29, 2005
    outta this world
    oh too old to skate now, used to have a sweet blind board that had 2 bears bonin on it

3. when I skated I had some neat Blind decks too.

4. ....OK, at the risk of actually giving my advanced age away, here's the last deck I ever bought (no, this isn't MINE, but I had one! :eek: ):

5. I have a black one of these. But unfortunately it's a little to short for me.

[​IMG]

150 obo!

used of course

6. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Inactive

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    Skateboarding could result in a wrist injury that could ruin a bass playing career.

It is also quite lame...

7. labgnat

labgnat Inactive

Oct 29, 2005
    outta this world
    at first glance of that title i almost posted a pic of my large black member

8. saxnbass

saxnbass

Mar 9, 2006
    Nashville, TN
    I had 2 decks, my brother has them now:
    Flip and Birdhouse. I'll see about getting pics sometime.

I have a Sector 9 Luke Nosewalker LongBoard. I'll get pics of it when I get the ones of the decks.

9. I skated all my life, until about 5 years ago. Now my son has take up the slack. There's probably about 50 trashed decks around here and at least 10 good complete boards. My last Powell and Peralta deck with Gullwing trucks hangs proudly retired in my shop. :crying:

10. A very nearly broken hand is what made me quit

11. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Inactive

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    I'm glad I never got started. The board is a useless method of transport, and skating around like a nancy would likely get you punched in the teeth anyway, so I stayed out of it. I could make the board go, but that was about all I ever did.

12. labgnat

labgnat Inactive

Oct 29, 2005
    outta this world
    i'm pretty well certain the light fantastic does float and flitter around like a nancy :D

13. I just picked up a new deck last week.

I used to be a regular (everyday) skater, hitting the streets and parks all the time. Now I only hit the park once a week or so.

IMG_0665.jpg

14. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Inactive

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    Floats like a butterfly, stings like a bee-but only in liscenced fights. Play by the rules!

Further more, light is light-it does not float nor flitter. It is simply brilliant and fantastic.

15. My current skates
    skates1.gif

My old forgotten Tommy Guerrero slick bottom. I'm gonna take it down to LA Skate, and try to swap it for store credit. I need some new skates, so I don't trash my good artistic/rink skates, reffing roller derby.
    tommyg4655.gif

16. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    My last board was the first Clause Grabke deck - can be seen in this picture here 4th from the left with the melted clocks on it…

DSC03285.gif

I was never really very good. I knocked out a tooth one time. Haven't skated in probably 17 or 18 years...

17. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Inactive

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    Previously owned by Freddie Mercury?

18. Is that your way of callin' me a poof? :bawl: Oh my poor fragile feelings :bawl: :bawl: What evs. Much respect on your clever dodge around TB's anti, anti gay rules.

I bought them used, maybe they were Freddie's skates. Though,I doubt it, I suspect his would be quite a bit more flash.

19. fryBASS

fryBASS

Aug 8, 2006
    New Haven, CT
    I got an Element Fire 4 deck 2 years ago. Before that I had a ZERO deck. I never got the hang of it, so I never even rode the Element.

20. dave_p

dave_p

Dec 20, 2005
    CT
    just on bigger boards now:

Attached Files:

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 28, 2021