1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SKB 44 Deluxe Bass Case

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by GhettoBrassGuy, Jan 24, 2012.

1. GhettoBrassGuy

GhettoBrassGuy Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2002
    Simi Valley, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Mike Lull, Lakland, Aguilar, JH Audio
  2. Bass2daMix

Bass2daMix

Dec 11, 2009
    California
    I see my ol' brick on the desk.
    Bump for a super cool TBer. :)

3. GhettoBrassGuy

Nov 27, 2002
    Simi Valley, CA
    Bump!

4. cdbrewer99

cdbrewer99 Supporting Member

Oct 10, 2011
    Colorado
    Will this case fit 35in scale lakland AJ?

5. nervous

nervous Supporting Member

Jan 5, 2010
    Beautiful Central, NY
    These are just terrific all-around awesome cases. I bought one a couple years as my 'sacrificial' case (while the OEM cases stayed minty fresh) and I have to say they are just things of beauty. I have used mine with with everything from a USA Cirrus 6 (with a small lifting pad mod), Reggie Hamilton 4, Modulus VJ, Modulus Q5, Lakland DJ5, and a couple more I probably already forgot. FWIW the Cirrus, Lakland and Modulus Q5 were all 35" scale. Not sure about yours but these have great versatility beyond the normal P or J bass they are intended for. I wish I needed another right now. I did notice that my version has 4 latches but at some point they must have made the switch to 3 because they are both the SKB-44 model. Great case and someone should grab it ASAP.

6. GhettoBrassGuy

Nov 27, 2002
    Simi Valley, CA
    Sorry! Been out of town for the weekend and I didn't bring my laptop. It is the newest version with 3 latches. I have both and this one has more of a bumper molded around the corners and it seems to cradle the necks of all my basses a little better (less moving with the case is closed). It's a great case...I just use gigbags while in town and I have some SKB 3i cases I tour with. I've had 35in basses in these no problem.

7. GhettoBrassGuy

Nov 27, 2002
    Simi Valley, CA
    bump and a price drop

8. GhettoBrassGuy

Nov 27, 2002
    Simi Valley, CA
    SOLD