1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

For Sale SKB ATA Roller Case - Local Colorado Sale Only

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by August West, Mar 13, 2019.

1. August West

August West Supporting Member

May 19, 2009
    Colorado
    Price:
    Great protective case - insert gig bag into this shell and you're ready to travel! It has some minor scuffs and wear, but is in good shape overall. Local pick-up only; I'm willing to meet within a reasonable drive from Denver metro area.

Stock photo:
    skb-skb-44rw-ata-electric-bass-roller-case_730953.

2. Alan Ace Cooper

Alan Ace Cooper Supporting Member

Jan 6, 2004
    Northern Virginia, USA - 13 mi
    Endorsing artist: Devon Basses, DR Strings, EMG pickups, Bag End Cabs
    I got one of these back when I was touring full time. Best idea ever. I had one of the prototypes from SKB, it was an ugly, Primer colored grey! Far easier to walk through an airport with, versus the Calzone/Anvil case I had prior. No roadies or help... that thing was a nightmare!

GLWTS!

August West likes this.
  3. pudge

pudge Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2008
    NY
    I have one and I love it.I put my gig bagged bass inside and just throw it in the back of my truck or jeep.Awesome pretection,with wheels.GLWS

August West likes this.
  4. gnergaard

gnergaard Supporting Member

May 31, 2002
    Chicago, IL USA
    I just finished a tour overseas in January using one of these- 9 countries in 30 days and at least 13 international flights. This case really helped me to avoid oversize luggage fees and kept the instrument completely safe from harm. So much easier to 'roll' this case through an airport as opposed to schlepping a 30 lb ATA wood-and-metal-corners traditional flight case (I've done it before). The added bonus of being able to travel with your bass in the the gig bag once you have landed in your destination, leaving the hard shell at home, is a bonus.
    I spent many hours considering every other possible case solution for airline travel before deciding in this one.
    I own both the older version- with metal latches- and the newer version- with a nylon strap and TSA plastic latch. I use both versions for different types of travel. Sometimes I put just a single bass inside, sometimes I put 2 basses inside this case (but not when the case has to go through TSA or customs inspections).
    I highly recommend this solution- for airline travel or even for throwing your instrument(s) into a trailer or truck. Any TB members should feel free to PM me if you have any questions about applications and real-world experiences using this case.

5. August West

August West Supporting Member

May 19, 2009
    Colorado
    Thanks for the endorsement! These cases definitely have a strong fan base for obvious reasons. The one for sale here is the older style with metal latches.

6. pudge

pudge Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2008
    NY
    It's difficult to understand how good these really are until you have one.

August West likes this.