1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SKB case rear cover needed!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by kilo95, Mar 10, 2010.

1. kilo95

kilo95

Dec 29, 2009
    I have an older SKB plastic molded rackmount case. Not the roto x. It's a 6 unit case. I've lost the rear cover for it. The rear cover is smaller than the front and has 4 red tabs you turn to latch it. SKB no longer makes the case so they don't keep those parts. If anyone has any suggestions as to where I can buy one or if you have one you'd like to sell, email me at kilo95@aol.com. Gotta keep all my bass stuff protected. :bassist: thanks

2. No help here but just want to say that the smaller rear cover is the main reason I don't care for SKB. On the smaller units(2u/3u), it makes it hard to access certain plugs and jacks. I use Gator cases which feature a full size lid, identical to the front......just sayin'
    Good Luck!!

3. coreyfyfe

coreyfyfe Supporting Member

Nov 19, 2007
    boston, ma
    I had one of those that was missing the red clips. I called them, and they shipped all the parts to me. Done and done. Everything used to be life-time warranty with them, not sure how it is now.

Edit - just read your whole post, ie they no longer produce them - I'd say just get a piece of this plexi at an art store or something and you can probably cut out a square and drill the holes. It's really just that red clip that holds it over the hole and that is fed through the black plastic cover with some kind of nut on either side.

4. bassman10096

bassman10096 Supporting Member

Jul 30, 2004
    MKE
    That's a tough one. I have two of those vintage cases - they are miles tougher than the newer ones. Once lost the back cover for one and was just about to fabricate a plywood replacement (I do so love that case) and the back cover reappeared in the band trailer. Keep bumping this thread for a while, maybe somebody has one where the case was otherwise destroyed.

5. I have the same exact rack.

Are you sure that the newer "cheaper" X-series and rotos are not the same size ?

You would think that they would keep the sizes/dimensions the same, just a different manufacture process.

6. kilo95

kilo95

Dec 29, 2009
    The newer cases have a rear cover that appears to be identical to the front cover. I figure this way, they only have to produce one cover which can be used for front or rear.

I'll keep watching on here. I'm thinking about getting one of the newer cases that have the handle and will roll....the ones that have the TSA latches. I still can use the old one for other gear.

7. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Inactive Suspended

Every single one of my many SKB cases have interchangeable "lids". I have never seen one that has different sized fronts and backs.

Paul

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 30, 2020