Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

skb question plz help

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by affro, Jul 7, 2004.

1. just a question i need anwsered
    do these skb 'shallow' racks have access/opening/lids on the back?
    like if i was to put an amp in one could i still put speaker/power leads etc out the back?
    can someone with experience plz help me?
    thanx

2. Transverz

Transverz believer of the Low End Theory

May 3, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Hey,

My band has a lot of these x-rack cases and they are great when you can fit what you want in them. Light, rugged enough, and oh-so-stackable.

But yes, check the fitting requirements VERY carefully, and do some real world test-fitting. Sometimes, the bottom rear part of it will hinder wires being permanently plugged in because the rack barely fits the item. You'll see what I mean.

Just a side note: We just did an out of state show and the 2-space x-rack fit GREAT as a carry on! I checked in our 4-space, but I think it would have been carry-on able as well! Oh well, I'll try it next time.

My only wish: The rear had a cover like the front. Probably would make it more expensive, but the rear lid is a bit flimsy and is kinda loose. Worrysome, but hasn't failed yet. Great cases, none-the-less. Word.

-T

3. Bob Lee (QSC)

Bob Lee (QSC) In case you missed it, I work for QSC Audio! Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Jul 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa, Calif.
    Technical Communications Developer, QSC Audio
    IMHO, those SKB cases are great for processors, MIDI modules, and other lightweight stuff. For power amps, I would recommend using the kind with rear rails instead.

4. cool, thanx for all the help guys :cool: :D