SKB rack case stacking solution?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by SchecterSkills, Dec 28, 2007.

1. SchecterSkills

SchecterSkills

Oct 16, 2007
    My rig consists of 2 SKB rack cases, problem is that they are both different models, and when I stack them, the top case is free to slide forward and back on the surface of the bottom case. What can I do to keep the top case from sliding around?

2. Hi.

For such an innovative company, SKB did the trick for me a looooong time ago and I won't be using their products any more. The design flaws to make better productivity makes the products more or less unusable if combined with any other make or even with different models/era of SKB products :mad:.
    They are fine used alone, but IMO/IME that's it.

Your best bet is to make some abrasive pads or locating surfaces and glue/staple/screw them to the plastic and hope for the best. IIRC we had some "rat fur" pieces glued with Sika 221 and that works for a while.

Sorry about the rant, but 5€/kg for extruded aluminium and less than 1€/kg (IIRC) for the injection molded plastic, they should do better, me thinks.

Stackable ATA cases is Your best bet, more expensive, but hold their value and are "bulletproof". It's the equipment inside that You're worried about after all.

Just my 0.02€
    Sam

3. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Inactive

You have not filled out you location so I have no idea in what area you live. I used some non slip webbing between my SKB cases. I got a roll of the stuff at a local dollar store. Hope that helps. If you do go with multiple rack cases you should stay within the same make and model range otherwise thay will never mate properly.

Paul

4. bongomania

bongomania Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Yoga mats work great. Also the non-slip puffy vinyl material they sell in rolls next to the shelf paper.

5. main_sale

main_sale

Apr 26, 2004
    Cape Cod
    Go to home Depot and get a couple of bungi cords and wrap them from handle to handle. That holds my two cabinets together just fine, plus I use them for lots of other uses as well.

6. greenboy

greenboy

Dec 18, 2000
    remote mountain cabin Montana
    greenboy designs: fEARful, bassic, dually, crazy88 etc
    Backpacker closed-cell foam mat from Walmart or outdoor sportings goods store, cut to size.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 24, 2021