Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SKB RACK Cases

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by atomic_turtle, Mar 14, 2004.

1. atomic_turtle

atomic_turtle

Jun 22, 2003
    Dracut, MA
    Another newbie question!

I have an SKB 6 space rack and was curious how the heck are you suppose to support the rear of your power amps? Are there brackets you can buy to you have Home Depot some brackets? What have you guys been doing or is it know bi deal to have your amps supported only by the front screws. My heaviest amp is 45lbs, anturally its mounted on the bottom.

Any help is appreciated.

2. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    Check with Crest to see if they sell rear mounted rack brackets for your power amp. I'm pretty sure that QSC does for my PLX...although I've never thought to buy them.

It wouldn't be a very complicated piece of metal...an L shaped bracket that needs rack spaced holes on one flange (you could trace those from the front) and holes in the other flange to line up with holes in the power amp case (assuming that Crest has provided them). The owner's manual for your power amp should have a section on mounting.

3. Passinwind

Passinwind I Know Nothing Supporting Member

Parts Express (www.partsexpress.com) sells the standard Penn Fabrication back brackets, which look like they'll work fine with the CPX. Crest has been very good about responding to email requests, give them a shout and see if they can set you up.