1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Skies of the Dominican Republic

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Rush-2112, Aug 20, 2012.

1. Rush-2112

Rush-2112

Dec 14, 2008
    New York City
    Hello TB, been a while! I was on vacation in my native land of the Dominican Republic this past month or so, and snagged a few pics which I would like to share with you all. I have traveled to my beautiful country several times, and never realized how truly stunning the sublime is (in regards to DR sky). Keep in mind, I am by no means a photographer, so these are absolutely amateur (I took them with my iPhone 4 camera!) Hope you enjoy them! :cool:

43b10a75.
    7/14/12, 9AM. This one I took right before the pilot announced we would be landing very shortly.

db2d79a2.

cf11ab39.
    7/31/12, 7PM. These two were taken right behind my home in Santiago as the sun was going down on a Tuesday.

2443b5aa.
    08/06/12, 6PM. This one was taken near my friend's home (in Santiago as well).

e7e3c4f8.
    08/10/12, 11AM. Here we have the Las Terrenas Beach in the SamanĂ¡ Peninsula. Gorgeous beach...crystal clear skies AND seawater!

cf17a4dd.
    08/13/12, 6PM. Here's my home again, just check out the double rainbow! From what I've heard these are somewhat rare, so I just had to capture the moment.

f220625e.

b9136642.
    08/15/12, 6:30PM. Finally, these two are near my home again in Santiago. Rush quote time: "The clouds prepare for battle, in the dark and brooding silence..." ;)

That's all folks! Thanks for viewing, hope you enjoy them as much as I do. :hyper:

2. Funky Ghost

Funky Ghost Translucently Groovy

WOW !

Fan freakin' tastic man :D

3. Amazing photos! Now tell us why your are in NY? if home is that paradise in the pictures!

4. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    Great pics, thanks for posting!

Ooooh, double rainbow. So intense!
    :D

5. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    Umm, what beach, sky and ocean are we talking about here? All I see are two hot Dominican babes? :D

beautiful pics and beautiful country!

6. Gorgeous scenery. I was considering the Caribbean for a winter vacation this year. I think the Dominican Republic just made the short list for my winter getaway with the lady.

I can't speak spanish though...:(

7. I have been to this beautiful country and your photos made me remember the wonderful days I spent there. Thanks for sharing.

8. IconBasser

IconBasser Scuba Viking Supporting Member

Feb 28, 2007
    Alta Loma, California
    beautiful shots, Rush. I especially like the one from the plane.

9. Funky Ghost

Funky Ghost Translucently Groovy

First thing I thought of when I read double rainbow :D

10. Rush-2112

Rush-2112

Dec 14, 2008
    New York City
    Thanks dude :D

Oh how I wish I could man :atoz:

But most of my life I've lived here in NYC, because of school and such. But believe you me, I have considered going back home and living permanently!

Hahaha I knew this reference would come up :D

As I took the photo I remember specifically hearing the dude's voice in my head: "double rainbow all the wayyyy!" :p

Hahaha oh the babes...we are quite a beautiful people us Dominicans, let me tell ya! Quite distracting :D lol thanks for your post!

I absolutely recommend it! Glad I could be a part of your decision on that! Oh about the Spanish, I wouldn't worry too much. Lots of translators around! But if you find the time, learning a couple basic phrases would be ideal :cool:

Anytime! Delighted I could trigger those reminiscing thoughts :)

Thanks man, glad you enjoyed them!

11. Great pics!