Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Skindred

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Llama's Rage, Jul 19, 2005.

1. Hey, these guys are pretty good! Kinda reggae, metal, punk...i like it!

Sometimes they sound a little mainstreamy but they seem to have a pretty good groove and their drummer isn't stuck with the same basic beats and fills that 90% of the bands out there use.

So....this post really isn't that informative at all but if you like metal and haven't heard of these guys I suggest you give em a listen :)

cyas

2. sargebaker

sargebaker Commercial User

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    owner/builder, ISLAND Instrument Mfg.
    we have the song Pressure on the soundtrack at work, It's not the worst song on the CD...he seems to do this weird screaming thing in the song that sort of agravates me...

3. they opened for korn when i saw them live, i really didn't like them, because for the 30 minutes or whatever mount of time that they played, it really only sounded like one song with a few breaks in between...the crowd didn't really get into them that much...

4. TheEmptyCell

TheEmptyCell Bearded Dingwall Enthusiast

Jul 16, 2005
    Syracuse, NY
    I like 'em, pretty different from everything else. His bass tone is great IMO.

5. any idea of his set up?

6. I wouldn't classify this band as "metal." I admit they have a few songs that are rather "metal," ie. Firing the Love, and others that escape me at the moment... But anyways... I'd say they're more of a punk band to me, and I mean more of a REAL punk band... Not this "Oi Oi" Britain punk, or this emotional, "kill me now" punk (emo) but a real punk, like a throwback to the older punk and grunge stuff from the early 90's...

...You know, I just realized... noone cares what I have to say.

With that said... I like 'em!

~Ryan

7. heh, yeah....to me they sound a lot like mainstream metal with reggae lyrics, but yeah, I agree :p