1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Skinny Dead Bodies Only!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Dr. Cheese, Jan 10, 2012.

1. I used to work in the cadaver lab in grad school...All of ours were pretty lean, but I did get the chance to see 1 that was probably around 250lbs. We just trimmed off the fatty tissue during prosection. Not a big deal.

2. sneha1965

sneha1965

Nov 7, 2007
    NOVA
    I guess no one wants a Fatty Liver.

3. PSPookie

PSPookie

Aug 13, 2006
    Ocoee, TN
    Extrapolating forward to possible practical application:Does this mean I should be buried in my "No Fat Chicks" shirt?

4. Well, then just cremate me and sprinkle out to sea, I suppose! :D

5. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    ^Why would you sprinkle yourself all over something you never visit, land lubber? :eyebrow:

But on another note, I've had the opportunity to visit and play with some dead bodies in a few of my doctor buddies gross anatomy classes, and I have to say, from what I saw there, there's all kinds of shapes and sizes.

6. I've been to the ocean countless times, Sand Dweller. When I was gigging actively, I spent entire summers in MD, NJ, NY, and VA (and occasionally NC) beaches.

Never had the pleasure of hanging at the Pacific,though. :atoz:

7. I told my first wife that I wanted to be cremated and have my ashes thrown in her face. She was not amused.
    On topic, I should be a great candidate for lab work, being that I am on the slender side of skinny.

8. yodedude2

yodedude2 Supporting Member

^^ pardon my saying so, but you don't look very slender in your avatar pic.

9. That's not me. I've never had a blue helment.

10. BogeyBass

BogeyBass

Sep 14, 2010
    woah this is a different thread

few comments of interest from the story.

"In a country where more than a third of adults are obese, the impact of extra weight extends, it seems, even beyond death."

"There’s also the educational aspect to consider. Donated bodies are used primarily for first-year anatomy students, who need to learn how the human body is supposed to look"

well since a third of the population is fat....then i guess a fat body is a perfect example of what they are "suppose" to look like.

I can understand the handling issue, but they might as well learn how to deal with those fatty's.
    because in the real world those doctors will be working with Fatty's.

I just lost 30 pounds, and by the time i actually lose the rest.
    It might just be right in time........for donation.:eek:

11. I worked in human tissue donation for 2 years. I would, in a nutshell, cut apart cadavers to salvage tendons, skin, hearts, and bone for transplant. I saw everything from the 100lb grannies to the 25 y/o 400lbers. Let me tell you, aside from the occasional in-shape jogger who had an unknown cardiomyopathy or something most of our under-50 donors were overweight, leaning towards obese and morbidly obese. Not many skinny younger dead people.

12. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    Thats why i am fat and an alcoholic... no one will ever kill me for organs..

13. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    sigged. :D

14. Bloodhammer

Bloodhammer Twinkle Twinkle Black Star

Jul 7, 2009
    Shreveport, Louisiana
    Pure gold! *applauds*

15. NateS

NateS

Sep 22, 2009
    Richmond, VA, USA
    many lulz to be had in this thread.

long and linky.....**** like a slinky

16. I used to work for a transport service that picked up deceased for funeral homes and the coroner. It's no fun picking up a 300 lb gentleman that had a heart attack and keeled over on the floor. Biggest I ever picked up was 700 lbs. I had help of course.