Skipping school to play "Vice city"?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Guss, Oct 28, 2002.

1. My brother has the new game "Vice city" on reserve. He plans to buy it Tuesday, skip school on Wednesday and play it all day long with his friends.
    Sure it's a good game. But I don't think it's worth skipping school to play video games. In fact I sorta think that its kinda sad. Anybody agree? I mean, would you SKIP SCHOOL, that is illegaly SKIP, just to play a game?
  2. Casey C.

Casey C.

Sep 16, 2000
    Butler, PA, USA
    I skipped school the other day to work... :oops: I had a bunch of lawns that needed mowed so I took off and got them done. It gets dark like 2 hours after school and I couldn't find time to do them.

I don't think it's worth it to just play a game. But it is to play a new bass! :D
  3. Bah, I skip school just because I can't find the right sock sometimes.
  4. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    But your user title says you are naked... why would you need socks :confused:
  5. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    He's naked, not crazy! ;)

6. Casey C.

Casey C.

Sep 16, 2000
    Butler, PA, USA
    It's the cold and flu season...
  7. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    He just needs one for his flea tribute.
  8. they started enforcing a new rule at my school 5 skips and every class grade drops by 1 letter, (eg. A+ = B+) and 14 = instant failure.. Kina sucks, but sense i missed.. umm 53 days last year this is a pretty big change for me.. i didnt go on mondays, i slept in :D o well. Figures that hawaii is 49th in education.. Right next to Alabama! Take that Alabama! :eek:

Yea, ok im done.. what was this thread about anyway?
  9. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    Back a quarter century or so ago, I would skip school only if it fit one of these two requirements:
    no reason, or any reason at all.
  10. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Never skipped a single day of school in high school. Didn't need to-my mom pretty much let me stay home whenever I wanted to, which wasn't too often. But I did choose to "be sick" the day after I got the first Mortal Kombat for Sega. Stupid, yeah, but that's what kids are.
  11. Actually Alabama is really high up there I've been told. Our education is really good...or at least that's what our teachers constantly say :rolleyes:
  12. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    yea well y'all dun kno bout education til ya get it from NJ:rolleyes:

13. RedV

Mar 19, 2002
    Eustis, FL
    Man, I would skip high school because my morning cigarette would put me late...if you're gonna be late, there's no sense in going; OFF TO THE BEACH!!:) Yeah, yeah...I know; I'm hardcore:p

14. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Same here. The unspoken rule is that if you stay home, you're sick. If you're sick, you stay in your room. Which is fine. If I'm "sick" I just sleep all day anyway.
  15. I've never skipped a day of school. I've never been late to school. Ever. (I'm currently a junior) In the past 4 years of school, I've missed 4 days. Including 2 years of perfect attendance.

A far cry from my elementary school days in which I was absent 20 - 40 times per year, due to constant sickness.
  16. spaz naz

spaz naz

Oct 27, 2002
    bradley WV
    imagine living out in the hills here in west virginia
    my teachers soundmore hickish than i do on here
  17. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Alabama's education system isn't that bad, from the research I've done (philosophy class), and going to one of the top 5 public high schools in the state probably helped me out, but now, going to a private college, if I miss more than 3 classes the teacher has the right to withdraw me from the class, automatically failing me. Sucks since I'm giving them something like $15k a semester.:rolleyes:
  18. Even 4.0 students choose not to go to school. I've never skipped because I a) cannot get away with it and b) am in middle school, last year though. I don't plan to skip but I think playing a largly speculated, great videogame wouldn't be a bad reason. Every day, since I got Madden '03, at school I cannot wait to get home and play, among other games.