1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Skjold fretless 6 string

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Biker4Him, Mar 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The most beautiful (in my opinion), the best tone (opinion of many) 6 string fretless ever made.

Poplar body, Ebony board unlined... w/ side dots and 2nd octave dots on fingerboard. The 2nd octave dots are purposely not "straight" on the board. This makes it easier to see while playing.

Pete's super top of the line onboard preamp that is: bass (boost only) stacked mid knobs... mid (cut/boost) with mid sweep on bottom. Treble (cut/boost) with bright switch. Volume. 4 way p/up selector (bridge only, parallel, series, neck only. and.. Tone control. So many tones.. all pleasant.. all musical..

Pete's necks are the most comfortable neck I've ever played.. and if you look back at my history, I've played just about everything.

On top of the poplar body is a super sick spalted maple top.

This bass would cost you way north of $4000 from Pete today. Plus a super long wait.

Times have changed, and I play electric violin almost exclusively. Plus... I am extremely broke, and I have an Uncle that has requested that I pay him some money by the 15th of April. This bass has only 3-4 hours total playing time on it. There is no wear.. there are no nicks, scratches, scrapes. It's new.. only it isn't.

$3000.. shipped in the US.. paypal.. other than that.. pm me.

I can/will take new pictures for you, but these are better than anything I can take.
    http://picasaweb.google.com/Biker4Him/SkjoldFretless6Er#

henry02.jpg

2. Pete skjold

Pete skjold

May 29, 2004
    Warsaw Ohio
    just to clarify, the body is Alder.

3. alembic5

alembic5

Dec 5, 2004
    Seattle, Wa.
    Wow! What an amazing bass. If I hadn't just spent a few grand on a new furnace, I'd be all over this! Some day, I'll get my hands on one... :D

4. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    Wow, THAT is stunning.

5. Whoa... Love Pete's work.

6. Juneau

Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    Sorry to hear you have to part with it Henry. Hope things look up for ya!

7. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine
    Oh... my... gosh... I thought I'd never see this sumbich up fer sale... never. Wow. Sorry Henry! I KNOW this is an insanely fantastic fretless too!!!

8. RickC

RickC Gold Supporting Member

Jun 9, 2005
    That's a beautiful bass. Can you tell me the scale length and do you know the weight? Thanks

/rick

9. forgot to mention this comes with the Skjold branded gig bag!

10. Juneau

Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    I know it is a 35" scale. I forget how much it weighs...

11. Woops.. I responded to RickC via PM.

Yes it is 35" scale, but as most who have played Pete's basses know, it doesn't feel like a 35".

According to bathroom scales, the bass weighs 9.6 pounds.

12. rnlytton

rnlytton Supporting Member

May 23, 2003
    Naples, FL
    Oh that's nice... and tempting.

13. Basso Gruvitas

Basso Gruvitas Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2000
    Dallas/Ft. Worth TX
    :bawl:
    That's me crying because Henry has to sell this bass.

:bawl:
    That's me crying because I can't afford it!

14. rms2

rms2

May 27, 2008
    VA
    Wow, beautiful. Can you please measure the width of the neck at the nut and 24th fret position?

15. Yes sir, I will do it for you tonight after I get home.

16. At the nut it's 2". at the 2nd octave it's 3 13/32". So says my trusty Lowes steel tape.

If you have any other questions, just ask.

17. This is just insanely beautiful...

18. and it can be yours!!

Somebody please... put me out of my misery and buy this bass.

19. bump

20. I'm interested in a 10 year payment plan on this... ;-)

Bump for bass that makes me want to do something crazy... like sell a kidney.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 27, 2020

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.