1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Skjold Indentification

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Stevem627, Aug 23, 2007.

1. Stevem627

Stevem627

Nov 30, 2005
    Corinth, TX
    Can anyone give me an idea as to what model and perhaps the age of this Skjold. It has Bartolini pickups...does this setup look familiar? What preamp do you think this is? I don't see anything in Skjold threads or the Skjold website anywhere like this one from the preamp/pickup setup.

No other pictures are available as of right now.

Any info would be appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. ptidwell

ptidwell Supporting Member Commercial User

Jun 13, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Owner LoPHAT Cabinets
    It is an early Skjold... I suggest you PM Pete he visits here often Pete skjold is also his screen name. There was another Skjold that is similar to this one posted yesterday inthe "Official Skjold Thread" Pete made some comments about it and there is one missing from the group an I suspect that this is it. Nevertheless check out the thread here is the link.
    http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=284501&page=53&highlight=Skjold

3. Pete skjold

Pete skjold

May 29, 2004
    Warsaw Ohio
    Wow , here again another early one but I didn't even remember this one for a second . I don't even know who baught this one originally . I only did very few with those Bart pickups . Maybe about three or four . I really liked the way they sounded too .

What is the serial number on the back of the headstock ? I can figure it out from there .

Cool bass ,

Pete

4. Kosko

Kosko

Dec 12, 2005
    Buffalo
    Gotta love this site.

5. Pete skjold

Pete skjold

May 29, 2004
    Warsaw Ohio
    The pickups are barts and the electronics are Bart 3-band active/passive with mid select . This was a upgraded pro . I remember the bass , but for the life of me I can't remember who bought it originally . This would have been right at the time I was working on my own pickups and making the switch .

6. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    Fremont, Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    I kinda like that one, actually! [surprise, surprise, I know :D] The fingerboard looks really nice, and the figuring on that ash is great. Who owns this bass now? Do you have an opportunity to buy it?

7. Stevem627

Stevem627

Nov 30, 2005
    Corinth, TX
    I bought the bass last night before I posted about the bass, and it's on it's way to me today. ;)

I will post more pics when it arrives...I ALWAYS wanted one of these. I live and work only a few minutes from the Skjold shop.

8. NickyBass

NickyBass Supporting Member

Nov 28, 2005
    Southern New Jersey
    I love it. It's right up my alley. Congrats on finding a great bass. Enjoy it.

9. Basso Gruvitas

Basso Gruvitas Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2000
    Dallas/Ft. Worth TX
    Steve,
    Congrats! Since you're in Corinth, maybe you can let us D/FW Skjold fans have a look at it or try it out. It looks great! I'm sure it will play well.

10. Stevem627

Stevem627

Nov 30, 2005
    Corinth, TX
    It's due here Wednesday. I will post pics and would LOVE to get together to take a look at other Skjolds and have you guys try this one out.

11. Pete skjold

Pete skjold

May 29, 2004
    Warsaw Ohio
    Bring it by , I will give it a once over and make sure it is playing properly .

Pete

12. drgregn

drgregn Granddude Supporting Member

May 13, 2002
    Denton, TX
    would love to get together - I have one Skjold now and will have three in a few months :eek:

I'm in Denton, BTW.

13. Stevem627

Stevem627

Nov 30, 2005
    Corinth, TX
    Pictures

Attached Files:

14. Stevem627

Stevem627

Nov 30, 2005
    Corinth, TX
    Birdseye neck

Attached Files:

15. Stevem627

Stevem627

Nov 30, 2005
    Corinth, TX
    The bass sounds fantastic and plays even better. VERY happy with it! :)

16. Cliff Bordwell

Cliff Bordwell Commercial User

Jan 6, 2004
    USA , Orlando , Florida
    Owner of CB BASSES
    Sounds like a winner! :bassist: