1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

For Sale/Trade Skjold Lions Pride (another price drop)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by RussT, Jan 26, 2020.

1. RussT

RussT Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Toronto
    Price:
    Strings:
    Selling my Skjold Lions Pride. This is a 2009 model in near perfect condition. No marks or indents to speak of. The ergonomics, playability and tone are all incredible as with all Skjolds. For those of you have never tried a Skjold this is your chance to get one at a great price with some awesome upgrades. This was a pro series in 2009 which would be similar to the Stage Series now but it has a few very significant upgrades. It has the Skjold/East Deluxe preamp with sweepable mids and passive tone control. This is IMO the best preamp on the market. The mid controls is a game changer and the entire pre is very flexible and sounds amazing. The pickups are the SC-1's that were designed by Sheldon Dingwall. (SC stands for split coil as opposed to single coil) They are both reverse p split coils. Theses pups are open and very musical. I have them on my whaleback as well and they are amazing. It also has a 3 piece maple neck which is an upgrade.

The profile on Skjold necks is the best. Very quick and easy to play.

Neck - 3 piece maple
    Fretboard - Pao Ferro
    Body - Butternut
    Pickups - SC-1's
    Preamp - Skjold/East Deluxe
    String Spacing - 18mm
    Weight - 9lbs 4.5 oz
    Scale - 35"

Pickguard is custom made by Pete Skjold and held on with 2 sided tape. I have never had it off but if you decide to you could take it off easily enough.

Below is a video from Youtube that I found of this bass from 2009. Gives you a good idea of tone.

New price would be $4630 with the upgrades

Selling for $2575 2350 , $2250 shipped in North America.

I would prefer a straight sale but am open to Trades. Prefer active 5 strings but I would love to get my hands on a Carvin PB5 active or passive. Not a PJ though.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 15, 2020 at 10:03 AM
  2. B-Lo

B-Lo One day I'll figure out how to play this thing... Supporting Member

Jun 16, 2017
    Northern Alabama
    I agree, the Skjold/East preamp is the best in the market in my limited experience. I also have a Lions Pride and that pre is a BEAST and super flexible.

Great price for a Skjold. GLWTS!

RussT likes this.
  3. RussT

RussT Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Toronto
    I may consider a trade for the right Warwick Streamer Stage ll

4. RussT

RussT Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Toronto
    price dropped to $2350 shipped. I need to move this. Love it but need the cash.

5. bassballs27

bassballs27 Supporting Member

Aug 12, 2002
    Ontario, CANADA
    As always.....cool bass and seller! :)
    GLWTS bud!

RussT likes this.
  6. RussT

RussT Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Toronto
    Trades updated (again) in the original post.

7. RussT

RussT Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Toronto
    Some pics without the pickguard. It was on by 2 sided tape. Easy to put back on if you so desire. I like it better off personally. IMG_9947.JPG IMG_9949.JPG

B-Lo and graphics1988 like this.
  8. RussT

RussT Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Toronto
    Just heard back from Pete Skjold and he says he thinks the bodywood is butternut so I have updated the OP.

9. RussT

RussT Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Toronto
    Feel free to make offers.

10. RussT

RussT Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Toronto
    Price dropped to $2250. Come on man this is a SKJOLD with some killer upgrades. If you are on the fence about these don't be. They are the bomb. Literally as good as it gets.