1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Skjold LP5 with Custom Paint Job FS

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by turbine, Jan 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. turbine

turbine Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2007
    Texas
    I'm sticking with 4 string basses, so I have for sale my Skjold Lion's Pride model A (Jazz Bass style body) 5 string bass with custom ghost flame paint job. It's 35" scale and has a 2" nut. The body is black high-gloss polyester. The flame paint job was done for Pete Skjold by Mike DuSold in Lewisville, TX. As far as I know, this is the only bass he has ever painted. He is now very well known for his custom motorcycle paint jobs and has been featured on TV. The pickups are a Skold C4 and a Skjold SC1. The C4 is a 4-coil pickup the is a Precision/reverse Precision that is switchable by the mini toggle. The SC1 is a hum-cancelling single coil pickup. The preamp has volume, pickup blend, master tone, bass, treble, mid and mid sweep controls. The tone contol is push/pull for active/passive and the treble control is push/pull for bright. The neck is 3 piece maple and the fingerboard is morado (pao ferro).
    There are a few cosmetic issues. The back has a couple of little dimples in the clear coat. The upper horn has about a 1" shallow scratch (I photographed this as best I could). There is a piece of the clear coat missing on the front of the headstock, by the nut at the B string.
    I'm asking $2800.00 shipped 2nd Day Air from Texas.
    I've had no luck uploading photos here, so the link to the photos is below:

www.flickr.com/photos/68415302@N04/sets/72157632548520630/

2. turbine

Mar 23, 2007
    Texas
    It also has a zero fret. :bassist:

3. bent

bent

Mar 7, 2004
    Green Bay, WI
    That paint job is wild!

4. smpugh723

smpugh723

Aug 16, 2007
    Bump!!! My old bass!! Whoever get this bass WILL NOT be disappointed!!! I wish i could afford to get it back! Sweet versatile bass!!!

5. turbine

Mar 23, 2007
    Texas

Thanks, it is sweet!

I will also consider offers.

6. turbine

Mar 23, 2007
    Texas
    Still available

7. turbine

Mar 23, 2007
    Texas
    She's still available folks!

8. turbine

Mar 23, 2007
    Texas
    I still have her. If you're interested and want to make a reasonable offer, let me know. :bassist:

9. turbine

Mar 23, 2007
    Texas
    Hey folks, this fine Skjold bass is still available! :hyper:

10. turbine

Mar 23, 2007
    Texas
    Hey folks, I really need to move this bass to raise some money to pay for my mom's assisted living bills. Any reasonable cash offer will be considered. I take Paypal if that helps. Thanks, Ron

11. turbine

Mar 23, 2007
    Texas
    She's still available. I have assisted living bills to pay, so make me an offer! :help: :bassist:

12. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 7, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.