1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Skjold SS medium 5 strings NIB

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by J.Wolf, Jan 13, 2018.

1. J.Wolf

J.Wolf Gear Reviewer - Bass Musician Magazine Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2003
    Asheville, NC
    Price:
    Unused skjold stainless steel 5 string set. $25 shipped in the conus. Gauges 45 65 80 100 125

25 shipped!

Attached Files:

2. Matt Dean

Matt Dean Supporting Member

Jan 2, 2007
    SF (North) Bay Area
    Do you know anything about who makes strings for Skjold?

3. J.Wolf

Apr 29, 2003
    Asheville, NC
    I don't know. They are really great though! I sold my Skjold 5'er which was my only 5, so don't have much use for these anymore.

4. Pete skjold

Pete skjold Gold Supporting Member

May 29, 2004
    Warsaw Ohio
    I do, These are custom made for me by a large string manufacturer that makes a lot of peoples strings, The key thing here is that I picked out all the components to make these string my own. These have a custom core wire and the wrap wire was chosen from five different types of steel wire. I chose the one I like the most from the prototypes. You can not get these string anywhere else but from Skjold Design Guitars.

J.Wolf likes this.
  5. J.Wolf

Apr 29, 2003
    Asheville, NC
    I will say, they are quite unique. Very full and throaty without being bulky or congested. They really have an assertive yet elegant voicing.

6. J.Wolf

Apr 29, 2003
    Asheville, NC
    sold ba dold.