1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Skjold??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by giantjerk, Jul 29, 2007.

1. giantjerk

giantjerk

Jan 18, 2003
    Allen, TX
  2. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    The seller even says it was a project :D

3. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

I'd steer clear of this one. Headstock joint does not inspire confidence of being stable and other workmanship is suspect. I seriously doubt this is one of Pete's even if it was Pete's first attempt in 8th grade woodshop class. :smug:

4. giantjerk

giantjerk

Jan 18, 2003
    Allen, TX
    I agree the whole thing is totally suspect. The neck is totally not Petes judging from the headstock, heel end of the fretboard and the treble side overhang. What I find unusual is the control cavity but no controls. I can't really tell if that is a jack or a knob on the face of the body. The bridge looks like a 6 string Hipshot.

5. Pete skjold

Pete skjold Gold Supporting Member

May 29, 2004
    Warsaw Ohio
    I was waiting for this to show up here :(

Back in 1999 or so I had this body , bridge and pickup stolen from my shop by my ex-girlfriend . I have since realized who it was sold too and it was who I thought it was . The gentleman who is selling this bass bought it from a storage unit auction . I am not holding the seller responsible so the bidding is still up . He paid alot for the contents of the unit and it isn't his fault . I am trying to get the stuff back but it has been ruined and I am only willing to pay 225.00 on the auction . I assume somebody will end up with it . The neck was added , the bridge was stripped and the custom pickup is defaced . As far as I'm concerned it is a bad memory and a piece of junk I would rather not have making the rounds so to speak . This is the only reason I am trying to get it back . I just found it today on ebay and although I filed a report when it happened , I'm not willing to invest the time with the police to try to do anything about it . I am under the impression that the guy who was renting the storaged unit is passed away .

Now you know .

Pete Skjold

6. giantjerk

giantjerk

Jan 18, 2003
    Allen, TX
    Pete, Thanks for the explanation. I can't stand it when things like that happen.

Are you bidding on the bass? PM sent.

7. mrniceguy715

mrniceguy715

May 2, 2006
    oklahoma
    wow what a story... sucks but glad you could shed some light on the history

8. Quadzilla

Well i was half right. I KNEW that neck could not be Pete's. Horrible. Best of luck Pete!

9. Pete skjold

Pete skjold Gold Supporting Member

May 29, 2004
    Warsaw Ohio
    Yeah , it really sucks but that is how it goes . At least I know who actually ended up buying it from my ex . Drugs are bad MMKay ....

I am bidding on it just to try and get it off the market but I really wish I didn't have too . If someone really wants it thats fine but it is in no way related to what I do . The guy was a real tweaker as you can see . What was he thinking with those tuners ?

Pete

10. Dan Molina

Dan Molina TalkBass Secular Progressive

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    The neck reminds me of my hardwood floors upstairs.

11. see, that body is gorgeous, but the back of the neck looks like some weird animal took a giant crap on it...

12. i could see myself playing primus for days.....

13. Wademeister63

Wademeister63

Aug 30, 2004
    Denton Tx
    Holy cow! That some weird set of events, sheesh

Best of luck to you on that whole mess Pete, hope you can get that cleared up with minimal fuss and expense.

14. Quadzilla

So did Pete or another TBer grab this (to return to Pete?)? I sent the seller a nasty-gram days ago telling him that he should do the right thing and return it to Pete (and mentioned that Pete would prob pay him for it). No response. Loser!

15. T-MOST

T-MOST

Dec 10, 2004
    NJ via NYC
    I never played one but I saw giutarist Peter White last friday night and David Dyson was playing bass with him. Well dave has a custom Skjold and it sounded very nice. I was really close and I can say it certainly "looks" very well made.

soktau likes this.