1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

skunk anansie

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Blunk, Jan 13, 2003.

1. Blunk

Blunk

Aug 14, 2002
    Hey,

I got a loan of a couple of Skunk Anansie albums off a mate of mine, i'd heard a few of their songs, but after listening to the few albums, the bass player rocks!!!

Its a shame they don't exist anymore.

Does anyone know who the bass player is?

2. Cass Lewis. he used to play for Terence Trent D'arby, and now plays in a band with Gary Moore.

with Skunk Anansie he used a Musicman Stingray Cutlass (rare graphite neck model), and later G&L ASAT's ,ESH and also Sei basses.

3. Blunk

Blunk

Aug 14, 2002
    Thanks for the information, i'll see what i can find on his other bands! I really dig the way he plays, very varied on the skunk anansie stuff, some rock songs, some funk, some mellow...talented guy!

4. a link to Bassist's interview with Cass Lewis archived on Guitarist's site-
    http://www.guitarist.co.uk/print.asp?ID=238&type=int

here's some info on the band with Gary Moore- Scars;

http://www.gary-moore.com/New_Album/body_new_album.html

Howard K mentioned something on TB about his band recording with Primal Scream's drummer- wonder if it's the same guy.

more trivia- Skunk Anansie's drummer (I think their second drummer) Mark Richardson used to be in UK hard rock band Little Angels, and now is playing with Feeder.

5. Howard K

Howard K

Feb 14, 2002
    UK
    It certainly is, Darrin Mooney, that's my claim to fame folks.. even tho I never met him!

He apparently came in the studio, listened to the guide tracks through twice, made a few notes then did all four drum tracks perfectly inside 3 hours.

I have the guide guitar & drum tracks on CD - they rule, he rules, he drums like a frikkin GOD!

Even tho I knocked out the 1st two bass tracks inside 90 mins (with dropins) - which is pretty good going I think... it made me realise just why he's a pro and I'm an amateur...

I'll post when the demo is done, should be good.. ..might not be :rolleyes: