Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

skunk anansie

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Blunk, Jan 13, 2003.

1. Blunk

Blunk

Aug 14, 2002
    Hey,

I got a loan of a couple of Skunk Anansie albums off a mate of mine, i'd heard a few of their songs, but after listening to the few albums, the bass player rocks!!!

Its a shame they don't exist anymore.

Does anyone know who the bass player is?

2. Cass Lewis. he used to play for Terence Trent D'arby, and now plays in a band with Gary Moore.

with Skunk Anansie he used a Musicman Stingray Cutlass (rare graphite neck model), and later G&L ASAT's ,ESH and also Sei basses.

3. Blunk

Blunk

Aug 14, 2002
    Thanks for the information, i'll see what i can find on his other bands! I really dig the way he plays, very varied on the skunk anansie stuff, some rock songs, some funk, some mellow...talented guy!

4. a link to Bassist's interview with Cass Lewis archived on Guitarist's site-
    http://www.guitarist.co.uk/print.asp?ID=238&type=int

here's some info on the band with Gary Moore- Scars;

http://www.gary-moore.com/New_Album/body_new_album.html

Howard K mentioned something on TB about his band recording with Primal Scream's drummer- wonder if it's the same guy.

more trivia- Skunk Anansie's drummer (I think their second drummer) Mark Richardson used to be in UK hard rock band Little Angels, and now is playing with Feeder.

5. Howard K

Howard K

Feb 14, 2002
    UK
    It certainly is, Darrin Mooney, that's my claim to fame folks.. even tho I never met him!

He apparently came in the studio, listened to the guide tracks through twice, made a few notes then did all four drum tracks perfectly inside 3 hours.

I have the guide guitar & drum tracks on CD - they rule, he rules, he drums like a frikkin GOD!

Even tho I knocked out the 1st two bass tracks inside 90 mins (with dropins) - which is pretty good going I think... it made me realise just why he's a pro and I'm an amateur...

I'll post when the demo is done, should be good.. ..might not be :rolleyes: