Skunk Anansie's Secretly - Cass' Tone

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by plasson, Mar 5, 2006.

1. plasson

Mar 21, 2005
    Hello folks.
    I'm going to play in a Skunk Anansie tribute band and I was wandering: do you guys know which effects is Cass using in the song Secretly?
    I achive a similar tone by using the Akai SB-1's octaver, Bass Whammy octaver, a bit of overdrive (SansAmp) and a delay (Line 6 DL4).
    Does anybody know what he utilized?
    I'd be curious to take a look at his pedalboard...
  2. Higgie

May 31, 2005
    London, England
    I think I heard there was a Bass Whammy used somewhere :meh: Don't quote me on it though.
  3. bassman314

bassman314 I seem to be a verb, an evolutionary process... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    listening to the track, as far as I can tell, it seems like there's OD and delay. I can't hear much Octave stuff going on.

maybe I'm just tired, too...
  4. the low one

the low one

Feb 21, 2002
    Cas used a Sanaamp and a Big Muff, plus many more pedals thet I can't remember. He also ran two rigs, one clean and one dirty.
  5. dumelow

Feb 8, 2006
    all the best distortion tones are a guy with two rigs

timmy c from rage
    chris wolstenhole from muse
    skunk anansie person

id do it aswell, but screw trying to get two bass amps to our gigs, my guitarist moans enough about the size of my one amp
  6. plasson

Mar 21, 2005
    I thinkg the strange tone is given by a sort of bad-tracking octaver.
  7. I don't know exactly what pedals Cass uses on this track. The man used a lot of effects..

I like his sound on this track and I did come close to this sound once by using a Digitech BSW. I don't remember exactly what settings, because I returned the pedal. But it was in one of the 'synth' modes with the 'range' knob all the way open. It gave me the same dark overdriven tone. Put a delay after that and there you have it! :bassist: