1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Sky Brand Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Woodsbass, Jan 15, 2012.

1. Funkee1

Funkee1 Commercial User

Jul 19, 2002
    Texas
    Guitar Center
    I just bought one.....well, actually two of those. I paid $69, and they shipped it to me quickly. The neck had a couple of sharp edges I had to file down, and the action was kinda high, but I was able to work with all of that. The biggest problem was that the electronics didn't work. I plugged it into the amp, and heard an audible pop when I'd check the battery, but no sound when I played.

So I sent them an e-mail to let them know what happened, and they said the'yd send another out, and I could do whatever I wanted with the first one. The second one arrived today. It has a much beter setup, no sharp edges, and the electronics work! So for $35 bucks.....

2. Funkee1

Funkee1 Commercial User

Jul 19, 2002
    Texas
    Guitar Center
  3. Gorn

Gorn Supporting Member

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    I just got one of amazon. How's yours after a few months? Did you change the strings? I wonder if it could survive a defretting

4. Funkee1

Funkee1 Commercial User

Jul 19, 2002
    Texas
    Guitar Center
    Stll have the same strings on it! I don't know if it'll survive a defretting, but it holds intunation amazingly well, which it didn't originally! I'm thinking I might try some tapewounds on it!

5. Gorn

Gorn Supporting Member

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    I put d'addario tapewounds on mine. I think they were ebt92 shortscale. I couldn't be happier. The bass is clearly a piece of shyte, but I'm in love with the size of it. The neck lengh, width, the size of the body are all perfect for me.