Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Skyines with Basslines?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Woodchuck, Dec 27, 2001.

1. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    I just read that Lakland is going to offer Seymore Duncans as an option on the 55-02's.

2. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Do you know if those are "Bassline's Basslines" (stock) or Basslines designed for Lakland???

I guess that's on the next batch due out in April.

3. I'm sure Dan will swap them for you, for a price.

It requires changing the blend pot too, and adding a couple of resistors to the volume pot.

He must have thought that someone would want that option

4. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Skyline 55-02 with the 55-94 Basslines option? I want one!!!!!!

5. BassMan2000

BassMan2000

Sep 27, 2000
    Canada
    Cool! How much would this option be? I'm buying a 55-02 with barts... but now I'm thinking of basslines :D Darn GAS!

6. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    DAMN woodchuck - u got the 411!!! got your message tody, man- ill try to give you a holler tomorrow- i just emailed Dan about some things- i gotta catch up to you!!- peace- Adrian

7. BassMan2000

BassMan2000

Sep 27, 2000
    Canada
    Cool Adrian, anyone know if the basslines have any advantages over the barts? I've played barts but not the basslines, can someone help me out :D

8. jblake

jblake

Aug 30, 2001
    Gray, ME
    I e-mailed Lakland about this a few weeks ago. It's a $100 upcharge and you should pre-order the bass so Lakland can do the retrofit when it arrives at their shop. Methinks I'll be grabbing one of these once I get the money. Let me just say the Dan Lakin is THE MAN. I got a response from him in about a day and he was more than willing to help me out. Very cool.

9. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Bassman2000: I'm a huge Bart fan too, however, IMO, Basslines rule!!!!!

10. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

BassMan - I wouldn't call it "an advantage." Just different "breeds" or "temperaments."

I asked about the differences when I couldn't decide on a Basslines or a Bart MM for my custom. The responses I got from dealers who offered both were uniform - the Barts sound more "natural" and "behaved" while the Basslines are more "aggressive" and "hard".

With the Basslines MM, I would be interested to know if Lakland teams it up with the preamp Basslines made especially for it. I got that too, because it is supposed to bring out the full potential of the Basslines MM. Maybe Lakland employs a great preamp with it, too.

11. BassMan2000

BassMan2000

Sep 27, 2000
    Canada
    Thanks woodchuck! I'm trying to contact Dan, aswell but I can't seem to find his email address.

12. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Email him after New Year's Day. He won't be back in the office 'til then.

13. BassMan2000

BassMan2000

Sep 27, 2000
    Canada
    Thanks bro, I sent him an email anyways so I guess I should wait a little while before a response. Anyways Woodchuck do you have aim or icq? I'd like to hear your 55-01 :D

14. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Nah, my son does. I'll try to do something when he gets home.

15. BassMan2000

BassMan2000

Sep 27, 2000
    Canada
    Cool thanks man have a great new year :D