1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Skyline 44-02 on ebay

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bullet-Bob, Dec 18, 2006.

1. Bullet-Bob

Bullet-Bob

Aug 20, 2005
    All:

I really wanted a skyline 44-02 for Christmas, but unfortunately the local dealers in my area won't have any new ones until May.

I was looking around, and there is one on ebay.

However, I am a little concerned with buying a guitar on ebay, for a multitude of obvious reasons.

What are your thoughts on buying a bass like this? Anyone had good/bad experiences?

I am leaning towards just waiting until May, thought the greedy part of me wants one now :)

Thanks for any input.

2. nad

nad 60 Cycle Humdinger Commercial User

Sep 22, 2005
    Not Mars
    The Overlord of Nordstrand Pickups
    Hi, I have one for sale in the classifieds. I'm safer than eBay, just ask around. :p

3. jmain

jmain Oo, Uhn't uh, Yes! Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2005
    Alexandria, VA
    I'd talk to Nad. He's here on TB and there is much more accountability here than ebay. I quit buying from ebay b/c you can get better deals and better gear here. And you get a chance to have personal exchanges before a purchase. It's a better comfort level for me personally.

Just my $0.02.

4. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    coupla things: nad's is cheaper, nicer, and he's a known good guy.
    check him out...

5. Bullet-Bob

Bullet-Bob

Aug 20, 2005
    Thanks. I will check that out. I would feel much better buying from within the community than Ebay. You just confirm my concerns.

6. Bullet-Bob

Bullet-Bob

Aug 20, 2005
    Just a note to thank everyone for the advice. I bought a Lakland Skyline 44-02 from Nads and it came today. The guitar is awesome, and it was a pleasure to deal with Nads instead of ebay. I highly recommend him!

Thanks again everyone, especially Nads.

Happy New Year!

7. nad

nad 60 Cycle Humdinger Commercial User

Sep 22, 2005
    Not Mars
    The Overlord of Nordstrand Pickups
    Awesome. If that one had a jazz nut width I would've kept it, but as such I knew it would spend most of its time sitting around looking pretty, and basses are meant to be played, spammit!

8. GeddyisGod

GeddyisGod Four on the floor and nothing more!

Feb 4, 2004
    Moberly, MO
    Is this the same 44-02 that just ended at $405? I would have thought one of those would have got more intrest. I may have to look in to one of these come tax time if the used market is that low...

9. Nice.

I know it is late now, but, with ebay, I try to ask for some bizare shot, like a close up of one of the screws in the pickguard. That way, you know that they actually have what they claim to be selling.

10. Bullet-Bob

Bullet-Bob

Aug 20, 2005
    Not sure. The one I was looking at had a reserve of $975 or so, and the reserve wasn't met. It was older than the one I bought from Nads, and Nad was cheaper overall (and better quality I think).