1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Skyline DJ vs. Warmoth J-Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ArpeggiFish, Mar 16, 2008.

1. Skyline

27 vote(s)
    64.3%
  2. Warmoth

15 vote(s)
    35.7%
  1. ArpeggiFish

ArpeggiFish

Feb 24, 2008
    Hi,

For the Warmoth, it would be Alder body with a Wenge/Ebony Neck. I would probably put Activators in it (or Dark Stars with an Audere or J-Retro Preamp). The thing about Skyline's is that I'll always know there is something better, but I could probably get over it (Yeah I sound like brat saying that...). I'm going for great versatility. I know it's a hard fight, but I can't decide. The Thumb is still in the back of my head, but it doesn't look right to me right now, maybe in a month...

A
    r
    p
    e
    g
    g
    i

2. ArpeggiFish

ArpeggiFish

Feb 24, 2008
    I would probably also put a J-Retro in the Darryl Jones

3. Lonnybass

Lonnybass

Jul 19, 2000
    San Diego
    Endorsing Artist: Pedulla Basses
    I'd go the Skyline route as a first step - you can always unload it without taking a major $ hit if you don't like it. And you don't want to get into Warmoth unless you really are comfortable in mixing wood combos and doing the construction/electronics/finishing.

Lonnybass

4. basspraiser

basspraiser Jammin for the Lamb! Supporting Member

Dec 8, 2006
    Chicago - NW Burbs
    DJ with J-retro (I LOVE mine!!!)

As far as "....something better...." I am not sure about that...Skylines are top shelf basses at a mid-shelf price (IMO)

Doug

5. ArpeggiFish

ArpeggiFish

Feb 24, 2008
    Ok,

I've decided on the DJ, I'm gonna order a new bass in the summer :)

6. joelb79

joelb79

Mar 22, 2006
    Lansing, Michigan
    Yeah. DJ.

I have a great warmoth, but you're not looking at a plug and play bass by any measure. AT ALL.

7. ExaltBass

ExaltBass Gold Supporting Member

Sep 28, 2006
    Twin Cities, MN
    With the DJ you get a great setup too.