Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bben, Jul 16, 2002.

1. bben

Feb 28, 2002
    Santa Fe, NM
    A few weeks ago I bought the Skyline 55-01 that Gard had sold to Bottomdweller who sold it to me (sorry, Adrian).

As much as I would like a boutique bass, personally I am more in the mode of not paying too much attenion to where a bass is built, but more attention to who designed it. Along these lines, my last bass purchase, about a year ago, was an MTD Beast (thanks again, Adrian).

The Skyline is a great bass - my complements to Dan Lakin. I thought the original preamp was not all that bad, but couldn't resist moving the on-board Sadowsky preamp from the Beast into the Skyline. Sounds terrific, just like it did in the Beast.

The Skyline is now my daily player, and the Beast (back in its original passive form) backup. FWIW. these two basses are really remarkably similar in tone and playability - both very "alive" feeling, great sustain. The Skyline is a little easier for me to play, since it hangs a little further to the right so it's not quite as much reach out for the low frets. The B string is a bit clearer on the Skyline, and I like the smaller fret wire, too, and the split-coil pickups.
  2. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    hey, man- NO need to apologize and YOU'RE WELCOME!!!
    the idea here is that YOU are happy with the basses- sounds like youre having fun-- peace!!- Adrian