1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Skype Lessons

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by MattGreer, Dec 4, 2015.

Tags:
  1. MattGreer

MattGreer

Jan 27, 2013
    Denver, CO
    I just had a lesson on skype (acoustic guitar) and I think this is a pretty awesome thing. Not sure what the protocol is around here so forgive me for posting this, or posting in the wrong forum, or being obtuse about how things work (have I apologized enough? I'M SORRY, lol).

Anyone around here know of a good teacher that does skype? I'm specifically wanting to learn funk and technique on how to pop and slap. I don't want to learn songs, I have a good ear and I can do that on my own, I want to learn how to play. Hope that makes sense. Additionally, how to set up the amp, compression, playing cleanly, etc. etc.

When I grow up I want to be Larry Graham... ;)

Apologies again if it's not acceptable to post this.

2. dc-upright

dc-upright

Mar 31, 2013
    MattGreer likes this.
  3. Thuddy Waters

Thuddy Waters

Mar 20, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Toddb57 likes this.
  4. alfoders

alfoders

Nov 14, 2012
    Orlando, FL
    I took lessons from Dwight Mabe for 6 months. He was great! Reasonable priced, presonalized lesssons, he does a lot of prep/notes and he has lots of experience as a pro bassist. I don't know if he has any openings.
    Bass Guitar Instruction Studio

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 2, 2021