1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

skype vocal lessons?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Marley's Ghost, Feb 15, 2018.

1. Marley's Ghost

Marley's Ghost Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    I need to up my vocal game. I've tried some of the youtuble lessons but I need something more 1-1 and structured. Ideas?

2. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Supporting Member

i think skype might work...at least to some extent, but: the vocal coaches i've worked around actually did some 'hands on' stuff (literally) when they coached the throat (use/misuse) and the diaphragm stuff...and they let the students feel their own throat/diaphragm for clarification(s). these were working vocalists with graduate 'voice' degrees --- no-nonsense types when it came to singing, but all had good humor.

i'm not a singer: these coaches worked with singers with whom i was involved in various projects.

3. Marley's Ghost

Feb 9, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    I'm going to look locally but my time constraints make online more attractive.

4. Marley's Ghost

Feb 9, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    I found Singpro on the web. It's an app that they are selling for $149. Anyone familiar?

SINGPRO

5. Bassbeater

Bassbeater Guest

Sep 9, 2001
    I made very rapid progress by singing into a mic with a chromatic tuner, and a very long separation delay. You get to watch the pitch in realtime and try techniques and hear them back in the long delay(5 seconds) as you learn.
    I also read Arthur Lessac.

6. ChrisHooker

ChrisHooker

Jul 29, 2012
    Maryville, TN
    My friend Richard Fink IV teaches vocal lessons via skype, is extremely familiar with vocal anatomy, has his patented training technique being incorporated into NY State classroom curriculums, not to mention certifies other teachers in his method for in-person and online teaching, he teaches seminars around the world, and has published a book and an app. Check him out:
    THROGA (throat-yoga)
    Throga - Vocal Coach
    THROGA - Android Apps on Google Play

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 2, 2021