1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SL-20 Slicer on bass

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by j_nition, Oct 27, 2009.

1. j_nition

j_nition

Jul 28, 2009
    anyone have any experience or better yet, clips of sliced basslines?
    This pedal really caught my attention from some of the demos floating around out there. Seems like it could be tamed down into a really functional effect.

2. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Nov 30, 2008
    Chicago, Il.
  3. j_nition

j_nition

Jul 28, 2009
    yes, I saw that after I posted last night. Too bad the bass demo is like the last way in which I would want to use that pedal to compliment bass playing. awful playing!

4. T. Alan Smith

T. Alan Smith Guest

Sep 9, 2001
    +1. I wish I could see more people using it too.

5. Deluge Of Sound

Deluge Of Sound Banned

Nov 8, 2007
    Maine/Vermont
    I played around with one at my local store a couple months ago, and honestly I couldn't really get it do to sound like anything other than a novelty.

6. Happynoj

Happynoj

Dec 5, 2006
    UK
    I like turtles.
    I played with one for about an hour last week. Very fun, super cool sounds. Unfortunately I decided that whilst it made cool noises, it was a 'want' rather than a 'need', and didn't buy it.

7. If they had made so you could program your own patterns I'd be all over it.

8. Mr. Pickles

Mr. Pickles Supporting Member

Nov 11, 2006
    Dutchess County, NY
    You can do that with the arpeggiators on the Adrenalinn.

The Slicer works very well with bass. No low end loss that I can hear. There's a midi input to sync the pedal to keyboards and studio gear. There are many useable patterns and they can be altered in regards to emphasis and tempo. This thing is gonna' be all over my new studio project.