Slamer Basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Discrepancy, Mar 10, 2001.

1. What kind of musci are slamer basses good for?
  2. ytsebri

Sep 1, 2000

They are a general lower-priced rock bass.
  3. What is this Musci you are talking about? :) Slammer basses are maybe o.k. for a starter. You should definately play it first so that you dont get stuck with a really bad bass. My opinion, try before you buy!
  4. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    As far as i was aware, you can use any bass for any kind of music! ;)
  5. Let's hear ya slap an Ashbory!
  6. cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    I have a Slammer series bass, You can play any style of music you choose too on it. It is a lower end model, but with the right modifications can be made to not sound inexpensive. I used mine for rock/pop/country (mostly rock though) up untill I bought my Fender.

IMHO they have pretty good action on the neck, and are easy to play. Just out of curiosoty what kind of pickups are in it? I bought mine used a few years back at a pawn shop, it was my 1st 5 string and she had EMG active pickups in it. If the one you have or are looking at does'nt Id suggest putting a set in, as they make mine sound great. I also lucked out as it had a very big meaty gotoh bridge added on it when I bought her.
  7. ryan morris

ryan morris Supporting Member

Sep 11, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    well, i borrowed my friends for about 2 months and he offered to sell it to me for 250, but i found one new for 150 and said forget it. but it played real nice untill the nut broke at the e-string. but i contacted the company that owns hamer and they sent me a new nut in a few weeks. so, that was awesome. anyways, overall, nice bass for beginning.
  8. Suburban

Jan 15, 2001
    lower mid Sweden
    I'll try to bring a recorder next time I play one. I don't know how you might want to describe the sound, though ;)
  9. Assuming you mean Slammer by Hamer, they are pretty good for the price. I have a Slammer P-bass copy that cost $150, and its tone is pretty faceless. Replacing the pickup would certainly make it sound more distinctive.