1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Slamer Basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Discrepancy, Mar 10, 2001.

1. What kind of musci are slamer basses good for?

2. ytsebri

ytsebri

Sep 1, 2000
    Dallas
    Riiiiiiiight.

They are a general lower-priced rock bass.

3. What is this Musci you are talking about? :) Slammer basses are maybe o.k. for a starter. You should definately play it first so that you dont get stuck with a really bad bass. My opinion, try before you buy!

4. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    As far as i was aware, you can use any bass for any kind of music! ;)

5. Let's hear ya slap an Ashbory!

6. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    I have a Slammer series bass, You can play any style of music you choose too on it. It is a lower end model, but with the right modifications can be made to not sound inexpensive. I used mine for rock/pop/country (mostly rock though) up untill I bought my Fender.

IMHO they have pretty good action on the neck, and are easy to play. Just out of curiosoty what kind of pickups are in it? I bought mine used a few years back at a pawn shop, it was my 1st 5 string and she had EMG active pickups in it. If the one you have or are looking at does'nt Id suggest putting a set in, as they make mine sound great. I also lucked out as it had a very big meaty gotoh bridge added on it when I bought her.

7. ryan morris

ryan morris Supporting Member

Sep 11, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    well, i borrowed my friends for about 2 months and he offered to sell it to me for 250, but i found one new for 150 and said forget it. but it played real nice untill the nut broke at the e-string. but i contacted the company that owns hamer and they sent me a new nut in a few weeks. so, that was awesome. anyways, overall, nice bass for beginning.

8. Suburban

Suburban

Jan 15, 2001
    lower mid Sweden
    I'll try to bring a recorder next time I play one. I don't know how you might want to describe the sound, though ;)

9. Assuming you mean Slammer by Hamer, they are pretty good for the price. I have a Slammer P-bass copy that cost $150, and its tone is pretty faceless. Replacing the pickup would certainly make it sound more distinctive.