Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Slanted Jazz BTB

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Woodchuck, Jan 21, 2003.

1. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
  2. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    I think that's pretty keen.

3. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

I think you're posting too many threads in Basses!! ;)

I now understand your comments on trying loads of basses in GC - it must be a full-time job for you!! ;)

4. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    I think the bass looks "empty", I'm just so used to seeing it with the soapbars, I guess.

5. BTBbassist

BTBbassist join us for mankala hour!

Apr 20, 2002
    Westlake Village, CA
    Yes, I think that all 4 string BTB's look empty, the body is a bit too big for a 4, IMO. The 5 and 6ers look pretty sharp though.

They had the new one's at NAMM- they're getting fancier. :rolleyes:

6. I like that one--might be a nice backup bass. Drop some EMGs in there at 18V and you've got a serious machine...

7. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    wise words!

the bass has a great wood combination and if the pickups have the usual jazz dimensions it will be easy to upgrade!

8. Christopher

Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    It's alright. So is the top walnut or bubinga?

9. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    It kinda looks like one of those fake fancy tops, a la Cort Curbow's fake burl.

Whether it's fake or not though the one in the pic definitely looks like walnut.

Ah...just read the Harmony-Central link...it's apparently a bubinga top but with a "walnut finish." I think I'd just wanna let the bubinga show through.

brad cook

10. RobOtto

RobOtto

Aug 15, 2002
    Denton, TX
    I think the BTB basses look pretty sharp. I still have yet to give one a spin, but if I were to do so I'd be more inclined to try one of these with the shorter scale. I have never really gotten into the soapbar pups so more power to the new setup with the J's.

11. if the pickups were slanted the right way, i might be interested...

12. turkish

turkish Guest

Jul 14, 2002
    FCCAUSA, or here
    if any of you guys live in the bay area they have one down in gelb, in redwood city, didn't try it but i just saw it there today