1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Slap a bass, not a ho

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by rzm61, Feb 26, 2008.

1. rzm61

rzm61

Feb 26, 2008
    Hello everyone!

I joined the forum earlier today, however I just activated my account a few moments ago. (I couldn't access my e-mail at work)

Anyway I hope my title and signature doesn't get me booted from the forum cause this seems like a good place for me to come and read about the main love in my life.

Bass.

I've owned my bass for about four (4) years now, however I just became a hardcore bassist for less then a year now.

I started learning a few covers like
    Jimi Hendrix - Fire
    At The Drive-In - Quarantined (mainly the intro)

I also have a few others under my belt, that sadly I haven't played in awhile but they would be
    Modest Mouse - Tiny Cities Made of Ashes and Float On
    The Who - Boris The Spider
    A Static Lullaby - The Shooting Star That Destroyed Us All
    Senses Fail - Martini Kiss

The last two I had to learn for my band (Out of Reach) that I am currently the bassist for.

If anyone is interested you can find us here www.myspace.com/outofreachpa
    or
    outofreachband.googlepages.com

Well, anyway I am happy to be a member of this forum and hope that it will help me in becoming a better bassist and learning my instrument, maybe a few techniques too. I really need to start practicing slapping.

2. Hey..

Your titles kinda funny, cause there is an active thread about the word hoe in a kids tune (about gardening)

When I saw it's your 1st day, I had to laugh.

3. rzm61

rzm61

Feb 26, 2008
    Thanks.
    I found that quote from this site
    http://www.cafepress.com/buy/bass+guitar

Also, I read that thread on the kids tune with the guy who kind of overreacted.
    I am shocked he didn't realize they were talking about the gardening tool. Especially when they mention gardening in the song...