Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Slap Bass Overall Technique

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by MetalAbrahm, May 17, 2001.

1. MetalAbrahm

MetalAbrahm Guest

Okay. I just bought a bass. I've been playing guitar for a while so I can do a standard riff. Stuff like System of a Down and Rammstein. I need some help on how to do slap bass. When I slap it, it sounds like crap. I would like to know how Fieldy from Korn does his slap bass and some other stuff like Les Claypool. I need to do this so I can put some pizazz into my punk band. Thanks to all of those who respond.
    Abrahm

2. Lovebown

Lovebown

Jan 6, 2001
    Sweden
    go to www.marcusmiller.com and look under FAQ.
    Somewhere there you'll find Miller's response to something like "what is the proper way to play slap bass" which covers the basics good..

good luck,
    /lovebown

3. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Metal - Welcome to TalkBass. Cool that you filled out your profile, otherwise I would have thought you were in Germany from your website.

Alex Sklarevski's, "The Slap Bass Program" is THE video to get for slap technique. It's not cheap, but the instructional quality of videos seems to be aligned with price. Technique is so hard to explain with a keyboard, especially slap technique.

You could use the "search" function at the top of the page for "slap." Many have asked for the same info as you.