1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Slap bass

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by koentje_bassist, Dec 12, 2006.

1. koentje_bassist

koentje_bassist

Jun 24, 2006
    Belgium
    Whoah,:smug:

look at this guy going nuts!:bassist:
    I wonder what hidden talent he might be. ;) ;) ;)

:hyper:

:D

:rollno:

2. Prahainspring

Prahainspring

Oct 22, 2002
    New Jersey
    What's with the wonky right hand technique?

3. That is a strange right hand. Don't wanna critise him as he is good but not really anything too special ...

4. Mr.Typhus

Mr.Typhus

Sep 14, 2004
    Finland
    Youtube:
    Added December 12, 2006
    From koentjebassist

Umm... dude... You thinkin whos that hidden talent? ... Everybody can notice its you... i hope you were joking. And what comes to the playing part, that talent needs more exercise :ninja:

Sorry for being a**hole :)

5. Either the sound is way out of sinc with the video, you have a looper, or you were trying to mimic a track playing in the background. Either way it wasn't that good.

lowsound

6. koentje_bassist

koentje_bassist

Jun 24, 2006
    Belgium
    ow ow. All that criticism for just a little joke. I thought I used some emoticon to point that out, but I forgot.

It isn't a track or a looper. I played it live, but youtube seems to hold on to the video part while the track is 2 seconds ahead. (or the other way)

It's just a warming up I like to do. Also my very first bass video. And the wonky right hand technique is a double thumb I think. Makes a crazy sound. You got to pay attention to the part where I play the first riff. I showed the riff slow, than I build it up. You hear the difference whether it's a single thumb or or a double thumb. (I now, it's not the double thumping technique, but I make it clear now I think. Maybe it's just called a double slap - or is it a pop when you use your thumb-) This isn't a video showing off my skills, just my warming up. If a would try to show off I played something easy and played that right. I would record it over and over again untill the point where there's no mistake.

I'll put my forgotten emoticon at the right place.

Koen