Slap dvd(slap bass program) + tap dvd(the art of tapping)

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by Suckbird, Mar 17, 2005.

1. Suckbird

Suckbird Banned

May 4, 2004
    So i decided i want some refreshment and have now decided to buy some dvd's, never tried that before.
    I know some basic stuff of both techniques but i wanna improve.

So what do you think about the'se dvd's:

Slap bass program

the art of tapping

or should i get something else? And by the way, i really wanna learn double thumping..

Together they would cost about 100$ + free shipping to sweden..

Another thing is that they are on english, no subtitles?
    If so i wanna know the way they speak, fast? Or is it most look what he does?
  2. RunngDog

RunngDog Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Is the Slap Bass Program now available in DVD? It's very good, but as of about 6 months ago, you could only get it in VHS.

The only slap DVD I know of is Ed Friedlander's [sp?], which is also pretty good but not as good as the Slap Bass Program.
  3. Suckbird

Suckbird Banned

May 4, 2004
    Ow, sorry.

They are both on video, my faulth :D
  4. Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    I have the slap bass program and it is likely not necessary to understand what he says to get the idea. He gives very good visual examples of all the excercises.
  5. Jleonardbc

Nov 12, 2004
    I have The Art of Tapping, it is good for basic'll learn to tap arpeggios, the hammer-on things that metal guitars use a lot (like Van Halen), and multiple part tapping (like Linus & Lucy- that's not on there, but same idea, a bassline with one hand and melody or comping with the other). It's worth it if you're interested.
  6. Suckbird

Suckbird Banned

May 4, 2004
    Yey, they are both ordered now, i will get them in about 3weeks.