slap GUITAR! (video clip)

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Garrett Mireles, Jul 27, 2004.

1. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    It's Shredtastic, but like the typical shredder he can't stay with one musical thought for more than five seconds.
  2. It sounds like crap. Sorry.
  3. Yep.
  4. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    That is easily one of the top 10 worst webpages on the net, and as such, I couldn't be bothered to listen or watch anything.
  5. there are a lot of things a guitar can do, but i would have to say leave the slap to us.
  6. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

at the mtl jazz fest, there was this REALLY good lady who was splapping on an acoustic guitar. she sounded really really good. she was mixiging it up with harmonics and fast strumming.
  7. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Was it Kaki king? She's awesome
  8. Don W

Don W

Jan 30, 2004
    East Bay, CA.
    Kaki King is really cool. I think I saw her on Conan a few months back. She's got some mp3 samples on her website Kaki Cool stuff.
  9. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Banned

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan
    That was actually pretty cool looking, i bet none of us could do that......on a GUITAR that is. Mabey some of you could but why waste time trying.
  10. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

it was vicki genfan
  11. I just checked out this Kaki King dame. She's bloody amazing. Am I the only one who thinks she looks like a female Jaco?
  12. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    She is amazing, Coincidentally, there is another acoustic guitar virtuoso type named Justin king, but as far as I know, they are not related.

Of course there's grand-daddy acoustic guitar megaman, Michael hedges.

I really like acoustic guitar, steel string and nylon(though I like steel more) I like it a lot more than regular guitar, it has that percussive quality that is just awesome.

Kaki's label, velour, as their entire catalogue on iTunes, :cool:
  13. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I've been practicing my slap guitar chops for a while, on acoustic steel string, personally, I really like the sound, it's really unique. I don't know if I could do that much, but I'm working on it. My main road block is that I'm playing it like a bassist playing guitar, I need a new approach.
  14. Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    Why o why? I have to agree that it sounds like crap.

Percussive acoustic steel string is cool, cause the instrument fights back like a bass guitar and rewards you with some sonic oomph.

By contrast, slapping wimpy gauge strings on an electric solidbody defeats the entire purpose of the instrument's design, which is to allow you to play sustaining, legato lines without much effort.

I can see why Mishoe wanted the video up rather than just a realaudio file. Take away the visual component and it sounds like someone putting paper in fanblades.
  15. Agreed. It sounds like some overly technical garbage who took away the feel of music from it.
  16. yeah, i remember that one...Justin King is just amazing.

17. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    I like the clips on Kaki Kings website, she is really talented. Does she sing at all?
  18. smperry

smperry Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Martin Keith Guitars
    Wow, that guitar slapping was so bad that I'm starting to hate the sound of slapping on a bass. :bag: